Week 18 GC: Dallas @ Seattle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 18 GC: Dallas @ Seattle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:52 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
fantasizing wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Frankly, let's not give all the credit to Romo for the loss. The mere fact that you didn't pass on our completely inept secondary was the bigger blunder, and frankly, deserves more credit.

That was the difference right there. Romo should have been picking apart that secondary and it didn't happen.

I don't disagree, but that doesn't matter. Even without doing that, the Cowboys should have won. That's why it hurts so much. We don't rationalize and say, oh well, we didn't play up to par against their secondary...it shouldn't have mattered. Dallas should have won that game, and they coughed it up, which makes this so difficult to swallow.

Exactly. Losing to a team that is simply better than you (ie Saints) is one thing. But losing a game you should have won is another. We had the game in hand and we squandered it. But thats football.

I do feel we should have attacked down field a bit more. The secondary was banged up. But we played a great game other than the 2 mistakes that cost us the game.
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:53 pm

benb18a wrote:Agreed. The guy did grab his arm and hold it, but the only questionable thing was if it was a catchable ball or not.

I put this game on Terry Glenn. He is the one who messed up and alowed 8 points for Seattle to take the lead, not Romo.

Terry Glenn fumbled and can be credited with giving them 2 points and the ball, but unless he was playing defense too, you have to play those guys for the subsequent TD on that drive, not Glenn.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:58 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I do feel we should have attacked down field a bit more. The secondary was banged up. But we played a great game other than the 2 mistakes that cost us the game.

I don't recall Romo going deep at all last night. He should have taken a few shots deep to TO. The outcome being A) a TO TD, or B) a TO drop

Even Glenn was nonexistent on offense.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:
benb18a wrote:Agreed. The guy did grab his arm and hold it, but the only questionable thing was if it was a catchable ball or not.

I put this game on Terry Glenn. He is the one who messed up and alowed 8 points for Seattle to take the lead, not Romo.

Terry Glenn fumbled and can be credited with giving them 2 points and the ball, but unless he was playing defense too, you have to play those guys for the subsequent TD on that drive, not Glenn.

The D was just on the field and stopped Seattle at the goal line. 1 play and the have to come back out again. I don't blame them. Even starting from the 2 we should have sustained a decent drive. Glenn killed that drive and put a huge amount of pressure on our D who just got off the field.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting