Those Austrians and Their Jokes - HAHAHA 8-0 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Those Austrians and Their Jokes - HAHAHA 8-0

Moderator: Football Moderators

Those Austrians and Their Jokes - HAHAHA 8-0

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:51 am

VIENNA, Austria - Wedding jokes aren't always funny. When a bride in Austria jokingly answered "no" instead of "yes" when asked if she wanted to marry her husband-to-be, the official performing the civil wedding promptly broke off the ceremony.

Not even the bride's sobs could reverse the decision and the couple had to wait two and a half months before they could give it another — successful — try, the Austrian newspaper Oberoesterreichischen Nachrichten reported Friday.

Officials at the registry office in the city of Steyr where the mishap occurred declined to comment directly but noted the incident was highly unusual, according to the newspaper.

What kind of awful, horrible person must that official have been to break the wedding off like that? She said she was joking. She then broke into hysterics when he wouldn't do the ceremony. And to make them wait another two+ months? What a ridiculous thing.

Get a sense of humor, jerk! 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:21 am

Yeah thats stupid. I wonder if there is like some never used written rule where the official must halt the wedding if someone replies 'no'? And this guy was just being an anal retentive jerk off. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am

I was under the impression that the actual ceremony was meaningless as far as the law is concerned and the only thing that matters is signing the marriage license?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:27 am

can you imagine if the groom had like broken down when she did that and ran away, man that woulda been horrible. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:31 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:can you imagine if the groom had like broken down when she did that and ran away, man that woulda been horrible. :-o

Speaking of the groom just imagine how pissed he was that her little 'joke' ruined their wedding day. :-[
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:32 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:can you imagine if the groom had like broken down when she did that and ran away, man that woulda been horrible. :-o

Speaking of the groom just imagine how pissed he was that her little 'joke' ruined their wedding day. :-[

I'm sure he was way more pissed at the official than his bride. If my wife had done that and the justice of the peace had postponed our wedding because of her joke I would be furious at the JOP and not my bride.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 am

Metroid wrote:

Yeah, I bet my fist in her face would have wiped the smile off. :-#

:-B JK
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:40 am

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I'm sure he was way more pissed at the official than his bride. If my wife had done that and the justice of the peace had postponed our wedding because of her joke I would be furious at the JOP and not my bride.

Oh yeah for sure. But after you got home, I mean that stupid little joke did cause it. I'm not saying I'd wanna break off the marriage(pissed prolly wasnt the right word either)but I'd a least be a little irritated. :-?
Metroid

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:45 am

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Oh yeah for sure. But after you got home, I mean that stupid little joke did cause it. I'm not saying I'd wanna break off the marriage(pissed prolly wasnt the right word either)but I'd a least be a little irritated. :-?

If she said it in an obviously joking manner, 100% of my anger would have been directed at the JOP.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:46 am

Metroid wrote:Oh yeah for sure. But after you got home, I mean that stupid little joke did cause it. I'm not saying I'd wanna break off the marriage(pissed prolly wasnt the right word either)but I'd a least be a little irritated. :-?
You’re about to get married, right? Next year or two? Think about it this way – do you want your Fiancé/Wife to be a boring, stodgy old fart or someone who has a sense of humor? I’d assume you’d want the latter. And, during your ceremony, shouldn’t that be a lighthearted celebration of your love, and a joyful, fun-filled time? So she cracks a joke. If she’d have told the one about the Priest, the Rabbi and the Cowboy who walked into the bar would that magistrate have kicked them out for that, too? Bottom line is that guy is a jerk and should be removed from his post.

At our wedding ceremony we were laughing and giggling the whole time. We changed my vows to promise to “keep her warm” because she has chronically cold hands and feet and she was always putting her ice-cold toes on me when we were snuggling. We probably looked like a couple of lunatics up there grinning so much, but I think everyone there knew we were both really happy to be there together and we really wanted to do this. So I think this guy should be punished for being an ass, not the wedding couple for making a joke.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk