Points for cheating. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Points for cheating.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:09 pm

emaja wrote:Might be nice. Considering his season so far, I might consider actually scoring a TD to be cheating.

I love LT and won't give up on him, but he needs to pick it up for me.

Why don't you go out there and motivate him or show him some of your nifty RB moves or something. Damn why is everyone so down on a guy on pace for 2000 total yards this season and acts like it's all his fault.

"He needs to pick it up for me". You don't pay his salary, he doesn't need to pick up ANYTHING for you.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mannubhai » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:07 pm

I think the only things I can see that stands out from LTs statement are:
1) LT is pumped up
2) LT cannot make statements. I would care less if he cannot make statement, if puts more fantasy points on the board.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Birderdude » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:15 am

Maybe LT2 is tring to follow in the footsteps of the real LT and pick up a second job with the WWE. :-B
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:52 am

Watch out for LT this week, he is going to do good.....I hope...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The_Dude » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:45 am

Birderdude wrote:Maybe LT2 is tring to follow in the footsteps of the real LT and pick up a second job with the WWE. :-B

Ahahaha... LT is going to cheat to win WWE style... Brees hands the ball off to LT... he flips the ball to the defensive back on the Browns who runs the ball in for a touchdown... while Brees is watching the play, LT sandwiches him over the head with a steel chair, then tears off his Charger's jersey to reveal a Browns Jersey underneath... meanwhile Jim Ross screams, "My Gawd, My Gawd! The Humanity... Ladanian Tomlinson is a sadist! That sick sumbitch!"

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby emaja » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:27 am

culboarder wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
emaja wrote:Might be nice. Considering his season so far, I might consider actually scoring a TD to be cheating.

I love LT and won't give up on him, but he needs to pick it up for me.

Why don't you go out there and motivate him or show him some of your nifty RB moves or something. Damn why is everyone so down on a guy on pace for 2000 total yards this season and acts like it's all his fault.

"He needs to pick it up for me". You don't pay his salary, he doesn't need to pick up ANYTHING for you.

exactly

Get a grip guys.

LT has been a dissapointment this year since expectations were raised after last year. Not that he is having a terrible year as far as yards go, but no scores. He is playing behind a banged up O-line and the WR's are banged up, suspended or just plain MIA.

His point total for the year is 44. Forty freakin' four. Not exactly the performance that I was looking for out of a stud back.

Neither of you have even been down on a player that didn't live up to expectations?

Please.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Re: Points for cheating.

Postby awwchrist » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:23 am

culboarder wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
Culboarder, you're amazing.

yeah i know!

note to admin: plz dont delete this post again!

Dude..quit turning this board into a cesspool of your ignorance.

I can't read anything without you posting some dumbass cheap lil quip.

This isn't the place for it. Grow the hell up already. This is a fantasy football board. Talk Fantasy football..or do us all a favor and just don't do anything.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:38 pm

Not sure how your scoring system works, but LT is 9th on the espn scoring board. Since he had a bye, his point total projects him to 4th, behind Green, Holmes and Lewis. He ONLY has 3 TDs in 5 games this year. OMG the horror! That ONLY projects out to 10 TDs for the year!

Seriously, when you drafted him, all the issues with his WR, coach, o-line, offense were all WELL known, so don't use them as excuses now just because you passed up Priest Holmes in the first round to get LT and passed up Ahman Green in the 2nd for Eddie George or William Green.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Birderdude » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:48 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Birderdude wrote:Maybe LT2 is tring to follow in the footsteps of the real LT and pick up a second job with the WWE. :-B

Ahahaha... LT is going to cheat to win WWE style... Brees hands the ball off to LT... he flips the ball to the defensive back on the Browns who runs the ball in for a touchdown... while Brees is watching the play, LT sandwiches him over the head with a steel chair, then tears off his Charger's jersey to reveal a Browns Jersey underneath... meanwhile Jim Ross screams, "My Gawd, My Gawd! The Humanity... Ladanian Tomlinson is a sadist! That sick sumbitch!"

How would Yahoo score that play? Is it a defensive touchdown, even if LT was on offense before his heel turn to the Browns? If he flipped the ball forward would LT get credit for a passing TD?
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby emaja » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:58 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Seriously, when you drafted him, all the issues with his WR, coach, o-line, offense were all WELL known, so don't use them as excuses now just because you passed up Priest Holmes in the first round to get LT and passed up Ahman Green in the 2nd for Eddie George or William Green.

Actually, I drafted him last year in the third round and kept both him and Priest as my keepers. I am happy with his performance with the exception of the lack of TD's.

All I was trying to say was that his stats are not up to expectations at this point this year. You are right, he is on track for a big year as far as total yards, yards per carry, etc., but yards do not always add up to FF success. He won't be facing Oakland every week. TD's matter, and as of now he only has 2.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk