#1 UCLA gets dropped! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

#1 UCLA gets dropped!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Tough loss. I don't see UCLA moving down that far. Every other team has at least 1 loss and Oregon was ranked. I wouldn't be shocked it they remain #1.

I would be. Florida and UNC have both looked impressive in recent weeks. Florida dominated OSU. And UNC's only loss is to a solid Gonzaga team, not to mention they also beat OSU and went to Knoxville and beat a good Tenn team. I see UCLA falling to #3 because from what I've seen this year the voters love Florida and UNC almost as much as they love ND.

The Wisc/OSU game should shake up the rankings as well come Tuesday. I think Wisc wins this game. They're playing at home, and OSU hasn't really beaten anyone good this year and they haven't gone on the road and exactly performed as they lost both of their big road games (UNC and Florida).
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:03 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Glad to see Oregon "was as good as we thought they were," maybe we should, "Crown their asses?"

Thats funny. :-b ;-D

Any thoughts on how the win will effect Oregons ranking? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Is Wisconsin still pretty much unbeatable at home? Last year they almost were.

Not quite, they lost to North Dakota State at home last year. :-)

But they really are tough at home, and on the road for that matter, they and Ohio St. are basically the only 2 vying for the Big 10 title.

Good win for Oregon, I love their home arena and the way the fans are right on top of the action. Looks like the Pac-10 has 3 very good teams with UCLA, Arizona, and Oregon. Oregon could possibly move into the Top 10 with this win, especially after teams like Alabama get crushed.
Last edited by BlueBandit24 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:02 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Is Wisconsin still pretty much unbeatable at home? Last year they almost were.

Not quite, they lost to North Dakota State at home last year. :-)

But they really are tough at home, and on the road for that matter, they and Ohio St. are basically the only 2 vying for the Big 10 title.

Good win for Oregon, I love their home arena and the way the fans are right on top of the action. Looks like the Pac-10 has 3 very good teams with UCLA, Arizona, and Oregon. Oregon could possibly move into the Top 10 with this win, especially after teams like Alabama get crushed.[/quote]

Yeah McArthur Court or 'The Pit' is awesome, its the second oldest on-campus arena still in use. Its probably the loudest in the Pac-10 and the most hostile with the students section right on the floor. It reminds me of some old style boxing arena where your right on top of the court. There really isnt a bad seat in the house even from the top balcony you have a great view right on top of the court. ;-D

Its really starting to show its age though and a plan to build a new arena has been in the works for the past couple years. :-?
Metroid

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:19 pm

Metroid wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Glad to see Oregon "was as good as we thought they were," maybe we should, "Crown their asses?"

I can't see them cracking the top 10 just yet.. my guess would be they move up to 11 or 12 ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:52 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I can't see them cracking the top 10 just yet.. my guess would be they move up to 11 or 12 ;-D

Thats about what I was thinking too. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Indys_time » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah thats why I said that Wisconsin almost was unbeatable at home. Still 1 loss at home during the whole year isn't to bad. I knew they lost 1 game at home last year since it was sort of a big deal.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:26 pm

I know, I was just pointing it out since it was such a shocking loss. In Big 10 play though, their record is absurd. There are a few Big 10 teams who have never won in the Kohl Center.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Aaron Brooks was a mad man yesterday. The Pac 10 is actually shaping up to be probably the best conference in the country, with UCLA, Arizona, Oregon, and UW all ranked, and WSU and USC on the verge. From top to bottom this is probably the best conference in the country.

I thought that Oregon handled the end of the game very oddly. They are so lucky that mid range jumper fell with about 20 seconds remaining- why they didn't play for the last shot is beyond me. Also they threw up a three ball (believe it was Brooks but I'm not sure) up by 3 in their 2nd to last possession, then UCLA tied it. I thought that was weird but they won so who cares.

I also thought it was pretty funny that somebody pulled the fire alarm at the game yesterday. :-b
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm really looking forward to the Wisconsin/Ohio State game on Tuesday.

Classic coaching/experience vs. youth/talent matchup.

After a couple of calls tonight, it looks as if I'm having a party Tuesday to watch the game.
Slow cooked (8 hour) shredded beef tacos and Patron tequila all around.

Wednesday... I'm feeling kinda sick already... I highly doubt I can make it into work.
:-° :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football