romo..good or bad - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

romo..good or bad

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benb18a » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Yeah but it's so easy to be ignorant and blame the whole entire season on Romo ;-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:16 pm

just answering the title i would have to say... is there a 3rd option? like "way way way overrated average QB" cuz that is more what he is... he's ok... he's not bad, definately good enough to start... but not elite
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 pm

treat24 wrote:just answering the title i would have to say... is there a 3rd option? like "way way way overrated average QB" cuz that is more what he is... he's ok... he's not bad, definately good enough to start... but not elite

I think we are all forgetting that he has only played half a season. Did Manning become elite in his first half a season? Let him develop and he will mature.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:05 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
treat24 wrote:just answering the title i would have to say... is there a 3rd option? like "way way way overrated average QB" cuz that is more what he is... he's ok... he's not bad, definately good enough to start... but not elite

I think we are all forgetting that he has only played half a season. Did Manning become elite in his first half a season? Let him develop and he will mature.

So you're claiming he wasted all 3.5 years he's been a backup? That there should be no expectation for him to play better than a true rookie QB?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 am

maddog60 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

So you're claiming he wasted all 3.5 years he's been a backup? That there should be no expectation for him to play better than a true rookie QB?

No, but when you are the backup you arent getting that many snaps in practice to improve your game. So when your thrown into the fire as Romo was, I dont think it is a realistic expectation for him to carry this team wk in and wk out. He was terrific in the first couple of games and then his ego interfered with his playing.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:52 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

No, but when you are the backup you arent getting that many snaps in practice to improve your game. So when your thrown into the fire as Romo was, I dont think it is a realistic expectation for him to carry this team wk in and wk out. He was terrific in the first couple of games and then his ego interfered with his playing.

Well there's no point comparing his first season to Manning's then since Manning started as a true rookie. Also, there's the matter of game film. After a few games teams had game film on Romo and could more effectively game plan for him. That certainly explains some of why his fast start slowed down a bit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:05 pm

It's a little ironic that the person who saved the Cowboy's season, also ended it. I think Romo has the skill sets to become a very good QB. What I like about him the most is his throwing motion. One of the quickest I have ever seen. 8-o
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 pm

Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby treat24 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Munboy wrote:It's a little ironic that the person who saved the Cowboy's season, also ended it. I think Romo has the skill sets to become a very good QB. What I like about him the most is his throwing motion. One of the quickest I have ever seen. 8-o

i do also think he'll be pretty good...

i'm not sold on quick throwing motions... watch the end of the vikes - jets game... tavaris jackson's throwing motion in that game was easily one of the top 5 quickest i've seen in the last 20 years... and he is far from good right now... i was shocked at how quick he was
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Image

ROFL, that is great man. I"m stealing that one.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting