Great Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Great Season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Great Season

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:46 pm

I know it sucks to lose and it sucks even worse to lose to the hated Patriots, but this was a season for the ages. Let's just hope that this is a small stepping stone towards bigger & better things. Congrats to the Jets for shocking everyone (except Dawinner) this year. And here's to an even better 07. We need defensive help real bad. The Pats moved the ball at will today. Looking foward to the draft and 07 already. Only 8 months until the season starts. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:50 pm

Heh, what can I say, we were in it until 6 or so minutes left in the game.

I'm lookin' forward to the offseason because we have the highest cap room in '07 or something like that and Dwight Freeney is an un-restricted free agent B-)
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 am

Yes great season! The loss was tough but I think we have a bright future. We are I believe $28 million under the cap next and have 3 picks in the top 50.

Big targets already being talked about are:
RB: Turner
CB: A.Samuels or Clement
DT & LB: ???

I don't think they will go after Freeney after they just signed B.Thomas to a new 5 year deal.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jruiss01 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:53 pm

as much as it sucjs to lose to the diaper wearing bellichik, the jets really had an unbelieveable season. for what it was i think it was a huge moral victory. Manginig got everyone believing in the jets even though he is a first year/first time head coach. Bravo to him and his staff.

as for cap room i heard we have $28.8 million left for spending money. That is good money people. the only big free agent we have to worry about is clement. other than that it is open season. I am wondering how much they are willing to spend. I think that they should look to the draft for defensive help. this year brough out the beast in thomas and hobson. dwight freeney might not be a good choice. I was thinking more like a big fat 300+ lb nose tackle to help out robertson. we will see.

pumped for the draft and next season, however the jets may draw a tough schedule.

J E T S!!!!!

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". - Eric Cantona
jruiss01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:10 am

Good season, guys. We can't look back and regret that we did not get further, because let's be honest, if you had been asked at the beginning of the season if you would be satisfied with a 10-6 season and a playoff berth, I'm sure every Jets fan alive would have said yes.

Anyways, I've determined that the most important target in FA needs to be Asante Samuels. We NEED a shutdown corner. Dyson is a good corner, but David Barrett is not very good, and Justin Miller simply isn't a good CB, just a good KR. Asante Samuels will give us a very good CB, and we will be absolutely set in the secondary, with one of the best and one of the youngest starting cast in the league.

We NEED a pass rusher. In some games we were able to disguse blitzes and such, and Bryan Thomas is not a bad player. But we need someone who can straight up get to the QB from that LB position in the 3-4, a Demarcus Ware type. Whether this comes through the draft or through FA, it must be accomplished. In addition, I would like to add someone to take Kimo's place on the DL, he has been disappointing, and is old. I think DeWayne Robertson finally proved himself last week, and he can be our NT.

On the offensive side of the ball, I would like to add a RB, so we can just go with a 1-2 punch with whoever we add and Leon Washington, but it is not a desperate need.

However, I do think that we could upgrade at RT and at LG, with Pete Kendall getting old. Now, this are not imperative, but I believe we will take an OLman with one of our three picks in the first two rounds.

This should be an interesting offseason, and looking forward to the draft ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 am

I agree with Disgrunt completely, especially about getting lock-down CB.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby RenT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:02 am

Agreed heck of a season boys! Can't wait to see what's in store for next year.

As for the offseason... a big boy up front would be very nice. I'm intrigued by Amobi Okoye who is weighing in at about 315 right now (we'll see what he's at at the Combine). He came from Nigeria and will be a 20 year old graduating senior. His upside is tremendous and he could make for a very good NT. He could be around at the Jets first pick, but he could also be snatched up due to his tremendous upside. I'd like to see the early 2nd round pick go towards a RB... Michael Bush could fall that far, but it's more likely to see Kenny Irons looking at us around that spot. Irons or Bush plus Leon would be a nice little combo. Would love to see the Jets land Clements but Samuel would also be very nice as his youth is a plus.

This offseason should provide some good excitement and I'm really looking forward to great things to come!
RenT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jruiss01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 pm

I think our DL needs the most help. Especially if they are going to continue with the 3-4. Specifically at the NT position. I also think we could use a very good shutdown corner, but i think the biggest challenge comes up front. If we are able to secure a player who is a dedicated pass rusher. I agree with disgrunt that a demarcus ware type player would be key, but i think in order to stop the run (the most important aspect of football) we need a giant 300+ guy who will clog the wholes. We'll see what they come up with though.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". - Eric Cantona
jruiss01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to New York Jets