As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner?

Postby BlueSox » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Assume that the league originated here on the Cafe, but all drafting, weekly moves and scoring was/is done on Yahoo.

For what reasons can a Commish kick an team owner they just hate... in your opinion?
BlueSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:48 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking under what conditions is it ok for a commish to kick someone out of the league because they are hated?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BlueSox » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking under what conditions is it ok for a commish to kick someone out of the league because they are hated?
Yup.... can a commish without a league vote simply kick out a team owner on YaHoo because he hates him due to a political disagreement?
BlueSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:18 pm

BlueSox wrote:
Yup.... can a commish without a league vote simply kick out a team owner on YaHoo because he hates him due to a political disagreement?

Ummmmmm....no, IMO. Now if the political disagreement was dropped by the commish and the guy continued to bring it up and/or cuss about it and clog up the league forum, etc. This is an area I would find it acceptable. Otherwise, no, not JUST cause he hates the other guy. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Imo, if it's a serious league, then NO. This certainly doesn't warrant a banishing by the commish. If it's a yahoo public league, than you get what your gonna get by joining those.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:42 pm

No, that isnt grounds for dismissal (because you hate the guy). You have to allow him to stay in the league unless he continually makes uneven trades or is doing something else unethical (dropping players for his friends to pick up etc.)
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BlueSox » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:06 pm

Ummmmmm....no, IMO. Now if the political disagreement was dropped by the commish and the guy continued to bring it up and/or cuss about it and clog up the league forum, etc. This is an area I would find it acceptable.
Err.. no, this league as I already mentioned was on YAHOO..... and the disagreements were on another forum.

As for the co-bitching, the guy with the team was personally attacked for his political beliefs with cuss words.... and then after being told by the forum owner to handle his own problems.... OWNED the other guy... and then that guy went running to the owner crying for help.

That's why I hate that smack BS..... because one side either stops or the other side takes it to the ultimate end? :-t
BlueSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:10 pm

Sorry, but sounds like a bunch of CryBabies to me. :~(

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:13 pm

BlueSox wrote:
Ummmmmm....no, IMO. Now if the political disagreement was dropped by the commish and the guy continued to bring it up and/or cuss about it and clog up the league forum, etc. This is an area I would find it acceptable.
Err.. no, this league as I already mentioned was on YAHOO..... and the disagreements were on another forum.

As for the co-bitching, the guy with the team was personally attacked for his political beliefs with cuss words.... and then after being told by the forum owner to handle his own problems.... OWNED the other guy... and then that guy went running to the owner crying for help.

That's why I hate that smack BS..... because one side either stops or the other side takes it to the ultimate end? :-t

Yeah, I have never used Yahoo so I didn't know what the setup was there. If everything was as you said it, then no, he shouldn't kick the dude out. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueSox » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Yeah, I have never used Yahoo so I didn't know what the setup was there. If everything was as you said it, then no, he shouldn't kick the dude out.
One clue which I didn't yet mention was that the Commish locked the other guys team, a day after that guy gave the Commish's team his first loss of the year. As a result of that locking, the other guy couldn't pick up a TE to replace his injured TE for the following week, and he lost his game that week by 5 yards....

In the end I think his team missed the playoffs by that loss.......???

Within a week after the league championship, the Commish posted the other guys team as being available.... 8-o
When asked for a reason, or the opportunity to vote on that owners ouster, the Commish gave none and just said that owner is gone.....
When pressed again by other owners, all the Commish would say was that the owner was gone and he had heard via PM from a few other owners who also wanted that owner gone???
BlueSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner