As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:03 pm

Hey man, just a hint in case you didn't know, there is a quote button on each post. If you hit that, then it will have the name of the poster in there. Like this.

mrblitz wrote:Sorry, but sounds like a bunch of CryBabies to me. :~(
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm

no u cant kick someone cuz u dont like them...they hafta be doing something detremental to the league, or just be inactive...just beat him dont kick him

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:59 pm

To me, the only ways you kick people out is by a league vote and a good reason, or if they have become inactive. NOT for hatred :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:40 am

NittanyLions wrote:To me, the only ways you kick people out is by a league vote and a good reason, or if they have become inactive. NOT for hatred :-t

Agreed. You shouldn't kick someone out of a league JUST because you hate them. If you catch someone cheating they should obviously be kicked out. If someone is VERY inactive then I think they should be kicked out.

In one of the leagues I commished this year I kicked out 2 owners at the end of the season. It was a cafe league and I honestly didn't think that anyone would be VERY inactive so I didn't check everyone's roster each week. Well towards the end of the season someone pointed out that right in the middle of the last push for the playoffs there was a week where 2 guys didn't set their rosters. The person who brought it up (and the rest of the league) thought this sucked because 2 owners got "free" wins. It was my fault (as commish) that I didn't notice this sooner. I couldn't do anything about it until the season was over because it would've been unfair to everyone else to all of a sudden change the rosters or find replacements after everyone else faced these 2 inactive teams. But I went back and checked their 2 lineups for every week. I found that 1 of the inactive owners NEVER set his lineup once. He played all his guys on their bye weeks and all injured players all season. The other inactive owner set his lineup once all season and the move he made ended up playing that guy on his bye week that week. Inactive owners like this hurt the entire league and both these guys were kicked out as soon as the season ended.

I learned a lesson that just because I THOUGHT I had a league full of active owners, I still have to keep a better eye on everyone's rosters in the leagues I commish. I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:14 am

I'd kick a guy out if I hated him. Or I would drop all his players and screw with his lineup until he quit.

Wonder why I don't commish any leagues?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 am

Jimboozie wrote:I'd kick a guy out if I hated him. Or I would drop all his players and screw with his lineup until he quit.

Wonder why I don't commish any leagues?

LMAO! :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby BlueSox » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:26 am

LOL!

flotsamnjetsam wrote: ...In one of the leagues I commished this year I kicked out 2 owners at the end of the season. It was a cafe league and I honestly didn't think that anyone would be VERY inactive so I didn't check everyone's roster each week. Well towards the end of the season someone pointed out that right in the middle of the last push for the playoffs there was a week where 2 guys didn't set their rosters. The person who brought it up (and the rest of the league) thought this sucked because 2 owners got "free" wins. ... I found that 1 of the inactive owners NEVER set his lineup once. He played all his guys on their bye weeks and all injured players all season.....

We had that happen in one of the leagues this year. I unfortunately played that team in week 1 and got my butt kicked soundly. By week three, that team had lost 3 key starters and had bye week players which he never substitued for during their byes. By mid year, he had weeks where he started no active RBs. Finally, by 12 week of the season, after 10 other owners got virtual byes, the Commish decided to take action and took over the team himself. Guess who played that team the next week... and I almost lost again, which would have cost me the last playoff spot and a chance at my winning the championship(which I did).

Yup, it sure is nice to belong to leagues where the Commish is fair, impartial and diligent too. ;-D
BlueSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 am

I think a commish can alter someone's lineup if their cheating. Case in point about halfway through the season I traded Ahman green for andre johnson (PPR) league to upgrade my beleagered WR core as we started 4. The next day the guy DROPS ahman green to the ww - I put him back on his team. Simply because I didn't want the league to think we were cheating. That is ok then.

I don't think you can kick someone out of the league just because they talk trash. I know they may be offended, but if he is continually harassing an owner. I use the three strike method. 1 strike is equivilent to:

- Colluted trade.
- personal attack on a fellow member - this doesn't mean something like f' off a=hole when losing. (crying or being mad as mrblitz said.) -- I am talking about something that you would say that would hurt intentionally the other player. Like an attack on his intelligence or his family ro something he cares for say a player for instance. 3 strikes your out.
- being inactive for a more than a week. most people have lives and responsibilities its ok if your only checking your league sites once a week that is enough to get by.
- not showing up for the draft and not letting anyone know about it before or after the fact - if you missed the draft and let someone know and apologized after the fact (if you didnt say nothing before) everyone has to let that go. if you miss the draft i don't think that is grounds for immediate banishment. that is ridiculous - you miss the draft, your out deal. If you rank your players carefully its close to what you would have drafted yourself there right?

I use the three strike system unless the situation calls for immediate banishment. it really takes something drastic. I don't believe in a league vote to determine if a player stays or goes. The commish should have final say. If there are issues between people they should bring it to the commish and let him/her here both sides of the story beofre rendering a decision...and seek advice on help sites such as this after you have heard both sides.

Making bad trades - uncolluted (non-cheating) trades is ok in my book. I don't think you can vote someone oujt just because they are learning or happen to make a mistake and misread a trade - remember we are only human.

remember, love one another and you will live in happiness like the oompa loompa doop-pe-de-do!
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Sounds to me like (if that's the way that league is run) that you should kick yourself out and find a new league.

In any event, while I agree that the commish needs to have the power to arbitrate most matters kicking an owner out should at least be discussed (and I think voted on) with/by the other owners in the league. Being commish isn't carte blanche to go Idi Amin.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby negativism » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:52 am

.... can a commish without a league vote simply kick out a team owner on YaHoo because he hates him due to a political disagreement?

Those fascist republicans at it again }:-)

I'll ditto the kick yourself out the league comment.
negativism
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner