As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

As Commish, what reasons allow for kicking a team owner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:09 am

yeah that doesn't sound like a league that I would want to be a part of anyway. I like the 'kick yourself' out option as well.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:38 pm

I am facing this problem in a league I am commish of. Can you kick someone for excessive rudeness to another owner?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:02 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I am facing this problem in a league I am commish of. Can you kick someone for excessive rudeness to another owner?

Well, that's a pretty vague term. I'm excessively rude all the time...it's called trash talking. ;-)

But assuming I know where you're going with this, I would say this a Commish call. I would recommend bouncing it off some other respected owners to get their opinion, but such a situation usually isn't a good time to have a league vote. It could just cause an even more fractured league, with people picking sides.

If you think the "victim" is just being overly sensative, then it is difficult justifying kicking someone out. But if it is overtly offensive and/or destructive to overall league morale, you certainly have the power to find a replacement. It is your league after all.

All hail the staff of power!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:46 am

BGbootha wrote:yeah that doesn't sound like a league that I would want to be a part of anyway. I like the 'kick yourself' out option as well.

Yep, I agree... The point of this game is to have fun. If your going to be doing the league with people you plan on conversing with (not just a random public league) it's important that you like the people you are playing with. Find a new league in my honest opinion.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:23 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I am facing this problem in a league I am commish of. Can you kick someone for excessive rudeness to another owner?

That all depends on your definition of rudeness. A good way to get around this is to specify in the rules that you don't tolerate certain things such as excessive cursing, racism, religious/political fight, etc. On the one hand, you want to keep it fun for people, but on the other, you don't want to become a commishinazi (yeah I made that up :-B O
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:58 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

That all depends on your definition of rudeness. A good way to get around this is to specify in the rules that you don't tolerate certain things such as excessive cursing, racism, religious/political fight, etc. On the one hand, you want to keep it fun for people, but on the other, you don't want to become a commishinazi (yeah I made that up :-B O

Somebody just saw the Seinfeld with the soup Nazi...

But what I meant was, not necessarily racist, anti-semetic comments, etc., but he openly tells members he hates them, uses profanity (has been allowed to an extent in the past), that kinda thing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:49 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Somebody just saw the Seinfeld with the soup Nazi...

But what I meant was, not necessarily racist, anti-semetic comments, etc., but he openly tells members he hates them, uses profanity (has been allowed to an extent in the past), that kinda thing.

In that instance I would let all the other owners know (including Captain A**hole) that a certain amount of decency (both verbally and behaviorally) is expected of all owners, and continued verbal attacks and foul language may be grounds for eviction from the league. This way you get your message across, and he can't accuse you of "singling him out".

If he continues showing his a** then boot him (From what you've said it doesn't sound like he'll be missed). Smack Talk and a Little Blue Language is fine, but being a p***k for the sake of being a p***k isn't.

Fantasy Football is supposed to be fun first and foremost, and one owner should not be able (or allowed) to ruin that fun for everyone else.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Galloping Ghost » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:46 pm

~~~

The league Commissioner is suppose to act in the "best interests" of the league, and not base his decisions on any personal opinions or bias against any player.

The Commissioner should resign if he cannot render fair decisions because he "hates" one of the other palyers.

~~~
Galloping Ghost
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gordo721 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:08 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:no u cant kick someone cuz u dont like them...they hafta be doing something detremental to the league, or just be inactive...just beat him dont kick him

i cosign!
gordo721
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 am

Jimboozie wrote:I'd kick a guy out if I hated him. Or I would drop all his players and screw with his lineup until he quit.

Wonder why I don't commish any leagues?

Good ole Boozie.

As for kicking anyone out; If it's a free league, there is always much more liberty with kicking someone out. If it's free and I'm assuming this one is, then even though you probably shouldn't, I think you have the right to kick out anyone and replace him/her. Nonetheless, you shoulda stop the smack talk when you saw it getting out of hand. There is no place in smack talk for direct personal attacks or cussing. The commish failed here and let this one get out of hand. If it were me, at this point, I would warn BOTH participants. And let them know that no personal attacks or cussing will be tolerated.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner