Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use?

Postby Kilroy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 am

Has anyone tried EA Sports? I think I may give it a test drive this year for a league I'm running at work, and was wondering if anyone had experience with it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:58 am

Kilroy wrote:Has anyone tried EA Sports? I think I may give it a test drive this year for a league I'm running at work, and was wondering if anyone had experience with it.

I didn't even make it through a season, but I don't know if it was the provider or the website design or the fact it was a free public league. :-b

I just didn't like the design of the site personally. Way too many huge graphics all over the place that made it feel cumbersome. Might just be me though. I really don't remember exactly how good/bad it was.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:35 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Has anyone tried EA Sports? I think I may give it a test drive this year for a league I'm running at work, and was wondering if anyone had experience with it.

I didn't even make it through a season, but I don't know if it was the provider or the website design or the fact it was a free public league. :-b

I just didn't like the design of the site personally. Way too many huge graphics all over the place that made it feel cumbersome. Might just be me though. I really don't remember exactly how good/bad it was.

It wasn't just you Joel. I played last year, my friend won a free league their and had a bunch of us create just a for fun league. I didn't check in every week, but did try to keep current with it just to test it out. Didn't like the big graphics like Joel mentioned. It just didn't seem as smooth as many of the other sites, just felt clunky :-? I wasn't the commish, so I'm not sure of all the features and such, but it seemed like it had the normal stuff, multiple divisions, live scoring, WW process and such

I would give it a C-
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:42 pm

dream_017 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

It wasn't just you Joel. I played last year, my friend won a free league their and had a bunch of us create just a for fun league. I didn't check in every week, but did try to keep current with it just to test it out. Didn't like the big graphics like Joel mentioned. It just didn't seem as smooth as many of the other sites, just felt clunky :-? I wasn't the commish, so I'm not sure of all the features and such, but it seemed like it had the normal stuff, multiple divisions, live scoring, WW process and such

I would give it a C-

I think the word I was looking for was cheap. It just looked all around cheap or something.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheMurph5263 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I love CBS Sportsline...worth the money, easy layout, Ive never had any technical issues
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby John Galt » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 pm

I use myfantasyleague.com the customization options are sick! I can even begin to tell you guys who haven't been there about all the options but you should definitely check it out.
John Galt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:59 am

John Galt wrote:I use myfantasyleague.com the customization options are sick! I can even begin to tell you guys who haven't been there about all the options but you should definitely check it out.

We use it too. Took a little getting used to (they kinda suck for linking to info compared to cbss and yahoo) but the custom options are great. 3 years worth of draft picks, 4 player taxi squad, the ability to name an alternate player each week...
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rycher » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:35 pm

I use Maximum Fantasy Sports. My leagues have a lot of crazy options and Maximum Fantasy Sports is the only place that I can find some of them and even have some **** I never thought of. Occasionally, I'll jump on a free league at Yahoo (MFS doesn't do free leagues) just to mess with the uneducated.

[mod edit - language]
rycher
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby s1ay3r19 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 pm

the last two years my keeper league has used myfantasyleague.com

my league uses easports and i hate it. The only cool thing about it is that you can have your draft through the xbox or playstation.
s1ay3r19
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tpflanz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:00 am

http://fantasy.easports.com is a great free fantasy football commissioner site.

EA Sports features that many free sites do not have:

1 - Slow draft option
2 - Individually assign player positions (allow any position to be eligible for "flex")
3 - Supports leagues with 2 conferences
4 - Decimal scoring to the hundredth
5 - Points per reception

I also use http://myfantasyleague.com which is pretty good. The worst part of MFL is their waiver system. I wish they had more prepackaged options, and it cannot be set up to meet many types of waiver system at all.
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner