Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which Fantasy Football Provider Do You Use?

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 am

For the people that are in free public leagues at:
  • NFL.com
  • ESPN
  • Fleaflicker
  • Fanball
  • CBS.Sports.com
  • FoxSports.com
  • etc.

can you please confirm that the DEFAULT league settings in your free public league are that a WR or RB who scores a punt return or kick return TD earns 6 points? I don't care whether the defense / special teams of that player also does or does not receive 6 points. I am only interested in knowing whether the player gets 6 points. When Reggie Bush had a punt return TD in week 2, did he get 6 points for it is all I want to know. Thanks for any help you can provide.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:08 pm

The Lung wrote:For the people that are in free public leagues at:
  • NFL.com
  • ESPN
  • Fleaflicker
  • Fanball
  • CBS.Sports.com
  • FoxSports.com
  • etc.

can you please confirm that the DEFAULT league settings in your free public league are that a WR or RB who scores a punt return or kick return TD earns 6 points? I don't care whether the defense / special teams of that player also does or does not receive 6 points. I am only interested in knowing whether the player gets 6 points. When Reggie Bush had a punt return TD in week 2, did he get 6 points for it is all I want to know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

NFL.com/CBS Sportsline did not count Felix Jones Kickoff return TD in week 2. Fleaflicker's default DOES count both. Fox Fantasy does NOT.

No help on ESPN or Fanball though. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby grover99 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm

tpflanz wrote:http://fantasy.easports.com is a great free fantasy football commissioner site.

EA Sports features that many free sites do not have:

1 - Slow draft option
2 - Individually assign player positions (allow any position to be eligible for "flex")
3 - Supports leagues with 2 conferences
4 - Decimal scoring to the hundredth
5 - Points per reception

I also use http://myfantasyleague.com which is pretty good. The worst part of MFL is their waiver system. I wish they had more prepackaged options, and it cannot be set up to meet many types of waiver system at all.

I love MFL. I wasn't aware of any WW they didn't support. Some might not be pre-packaged, but you can customize almost anything on the site.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:04 pm

So just to recap, for the DEFAULT league settings in free public leagues with regards to punt return / kick return TDs for WRs or RBs:

• Yahoo: YES
  • NFL.com NO
  • ESPN ?
  • Fleaflicker YES
  • Fanball ?
  • CBS.Sports.com NO
  • FoxSports.com NO

Does anybody know about ESPN or Fanball?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby superflysocal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 pm

I am commish and trying to decide what to do with our league. We were on Yahoo and we were satisfied with it, but we are doing a waiver system this year so i was checking out other sites.

Yahoo has free stattracker this year. That has always been a complaint about it in the past. So with free live scoring, what do people think of Yahoo now? Also, i checked out Fox Sports, and going through the league setup, it sounds like they have one of the most customizable site I have seen (for a free site, i guess, but rivaling that of a pay site). This includes three levels of tiebreaker for individual games, weekly standings, and separate tiebreaker for playoff games. There is no timer option for live draft, and a highly customizable waiver system. Can anyobdy comment on fox sports who have used it recently?

Lot of this thread dates back to 2007 and is outdated. Lots of these sites have changed, some for the better (ie yahoo see above) and some for the worst. Just wanted to keep this discussion going.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:20 pm

superflysocal wrote:I am commish and trying to decide what to do with our league. We were on Yahoo and we were satisfied with it, but we are doing a waiver system this year so i was checking out other sites.

Yahoo has free stattracker this year. That has always been a complaint about it in the past. So with free live scoring, what do people think of Yahoo now? Also, i checked out Fox Sports, and going through the league setup, it sounds like they have one of the most customizable site I have seen (for a free site, i guess, but rivaling that of a pay site). This includes three levels of tiebreaker for individual games, weekly standings, and separate tiebreaker for playoff games. There is no timer option for live draft, and a highly customizable waiver system. Can anyobdy comment on fox sports who have used it recently?

Lot of this thread dates back to 2007 and is outdated. Lots of these sites have changed, some for the better (ie yahoo see above) and some for the worst. Just wanted to keep this discussion going.

Some will differ on the subject, but mine are:
free - fleaflicker
pay - mfl.com
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby NoSpin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

I've used Yahoo, ESPN, Fox and NFL.com. Yahoo is my favorite and it isn't even close. It's by far the most user-friendly for looking up stats on guys, they have good articles, and the StatTracker is great. Nice looking site, graphics wise. The Pre-Draft ranking system they have available for you to rank players for the draft could definitley use improving on it's functionality, but at least it has one. The live draft interface looks and works great.
ESPN is alright, kinda ugly and boring graphics-wise. Not too user friendly for boning up on stats on players, but they do have good articles to read. Live draft interface is fine.
NFL.com, again, no comparison to Yahoo when it comes to studying player stats, but NFL.com/fantasy also has useful articles. I like how they give weather reports on the games.
Fox was awful last year. The site looks decent, but runs very slowly and glitchy, and the articles suck. And a boring scoring system.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby superflysocal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:26 pm

NoSpin wrote:I've used Yahoo, ESPN, Fox and NFL.com. Yahoo is my favorite and it isn't even close. It's by far the most user-friendly for looking up stats on guys, they have good articles, and the StatTracker is great. Nice looking site, graphics wise. The Pre-Draft ranking system they have available for you to rank players for the draft could definitley use improving on it's functionality, but at least it has one. The live draft interface looks and works great.
ESPN is alright, kinda ugly and boring graphics-wise. Not too user friendly for boning up on stats on players, but they do have good articles to read. Live draft interface is fine.
NFL.com, again, no comparison to Yahoo when it comes to studying player stats, but NFL.com/fantasy also has useful articles. I like how they give weather reports on the games.
Fox was awful last year. The site looks decent, but runs very slowly and glitchy, and the articles suck. And a boring scoring system.

I would love to stick with Yahoo if it was flexible on waiver period other than Sun thru Tues (too short).
NoSpin, can you do me a favor. I wonder if Fox is totally different this year, even read an article with its collaboration with opensports.com. Any chance you can start to sign up for your own private league and then tell me if it seems like this is something different than last year, like more options, etc. I am surprise you said boring scoring system, it seems much more flexible than Yahoo. Again I am talking about a custom league not express default league. Please let me know.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NoSpin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah, I'm talking about a standard H2H League over on Fox. I heard they're rvamping the site, but I'm not interested enough to look at it. I don't waste my time doing default leagues anymore, I play for money.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby superflysocal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:10 am

NoSpin wrote:Yeah, I'm talking about a standard H2H League over on Fox. I heard they're rvamping the site, but I'm not interested enough to look at it. I don't waste my time doing default leagues anymore, I play for money.

yes, i play for money also, so no default league for me either. I am just wondering if the Fox engine is completely different this year or not, cause it seems like it is much more customizable than Yahoo. If you start to sign up to create your own private league, then you can see what I am talking about, I just want to know if this is the same as last year. If it is the same, then its reliability is probably the same, which I have heard is bad. If it is different, then perhaps reliability is probably imroved and i may give it a shot. You can always delete the league after you are done.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner