CJ Spiller will transfer to UF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

CJ Spiller will transfer to UF

Moderator: Football Moderators

CJ Spiller will transfer to UF

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:09 pm

The Florida Times-Union is reporting that freshman running back C.J. Spiller is contemplating transferring to the University of Florida.

Spiller, who is from right outside Gainesville, was homesick for a majority of his freshman year. He is a terrific talent and would make a huge impact for Florida when he is eligible in 2007.
Source: Florida Times-Union

This would be awesome ;-D A dominating run game to go with the spread would be great.
Last edited by deerayfan072 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:25 pm

I have actually just learned from someone at UF that Spiller is actually registered at UF and is taking classes this semester. Bowden would not let him out of his scholarship so he is paying his own way. Spiller is a stud, this is going to be a huge addition.

EDIT:

He has applied for a hardship, but hasn't gotten it. If he does get it he can play this year.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:06 pm

And what is said reason for hardship? I've heard of this for days but everyone has just blown it off as wishful thinking.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:09 pm

I hear it has something to do with his daughter. Unless she has a medical need that can only be supplied locally no way this guy should not sit out a year if he transfers....it's the whole reason the rule is in place.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:09 pm

VaderFin wrote:And what is said reason for hardship? I've heard of this for days but everyone has just blown it off as wishful thinking.

I am not sure what the hardship is, i will try and find out more from my source at UF.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:11 pm

VaderFin wrote:I hear it has something to do with his daughter. Unless she has a medical need that can only be supplied locally no way this guy should not sit out a year if he transfers....it's the whole reason the rule is in place.

We do have Shands there. :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Rumors say it's just a "homesick" for daughter. First, he's got a get a release from Bobby's boy to go to FL? Yeah, good luck on that one.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:37 pm

VaderFin wrote:Rumors say it's just a "homesick" for daughter. First, he's got a get a release from Bobby's boy to go to FL? Yeah, good luck on that one.

They said he won't release him from his scholarship, but that he is paying his own way at UF right now.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:43 pm

That's a great addition for UF. I watched a few of Clemson's games and Spiller looks like he's going to be very good. He's lightning fast and has some good moves. Could be a very good move for the kid since he was only going to share time in the backfield at Clemson.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:53 pm

The rich get richer...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next