CJ Spiller will transfer to UF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

CJ Spiller will transfer to UF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Rumors say it's just a "homesick" for daughter. First, he's got a get a release from Bobby's boy to go to FL? Yeah, good luck on that one.

They said he won't release him from his scholarship, but that he is paying his own way at UF right now.

Yes, I heard that. Good luck playing football that way. The kid does not come from a family that could afford that. You guys don't need that kind of potential headache.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:27 am

VaderFin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Rumors say it's just a "homesick" for daughter. First, he's got a get a release from Bobby's boy to go to FL? Yeah, good luck on that one.

They said he won't release him from his scholarship, but that he is paying his own way at UF right now.

Yes, I heard that. Good luck playing football that way. The kid does not come from a family that could afford that. You guys don't need that kind of potential headache.

I would think eventually he would be let out of his scholarship so that Clemson can use it on someone else :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:54 am

I have talked with some more people and it looks like he is NOT enrolled YET. Bowden not letting him out of his scholarship affected his decision. He is still trying to get Bowden to let him out so he can transfer to UF.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:59 pm

I would bet money Spiller doesn't transfer, everything I have read says that this is dead.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:00 pm

CC wrote:I would bet money Spiller doesn't transfer, everything I have read says that this is dead.

Yea thats what the people i know in the UF circle say as well :,-(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:35 pm

Sounds like he's gonna stay put:
Clemson's Spiller says he won't transfer to champion Gators Jan. 9, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

Freshman star C.J. Spiller will remain at Clemson, ending a wild day of rumors that had the talented running back transferring to national champ Florida.

Spiller, whose family lives about a half-hour away from the Gators campus, told other media outlets he was "considering" a switch closer to home. But after meeting with Tigers head coach Tommy Bowden on Tuesday, Spiller thought it best to stay at Clemson.

Throughout the day, Clemson supporters waded through reports that Spiller had already enrolled at Florida and attended classes Monday. Florida coach Urban Meyer hinted about Spiller's situation, saying he couldn't say much but would know more when he returned from the Bowl Championship Series site in Arizona.

The Gators beat Ohio State 41-14 in the championship game on Monday night.

Spiller went to a Tigers team meeting Tuesday night. Clemson's spring semester starts Wednesday.

"I discussed the situation with my mother and I decided it is best for me to stay at Clemson," Spiller said in a statement.

Spiller, from Lake Butler, Fla., was considered one of the best prep runners in the Sunshine State at Union County High. It seemed inevitable he'd choose one of the state's powers, the nearby Gators, Florida State or Miami. If that wasn't enough, Spiller said this fall Southern California coach Pete Carroll targeted him to replace Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush.

But Spiller pulled a surprise and selected Clemson, joining sophomore runner James Davis to form an impressive backfield.

Spiller rushed for 936 yards and 10 touchdowns this season in a secondary role to Davis. The speedy back also had 19 receptions for 210 yards and two TDs, and set the school record with six TD plays of at least 50 yards.

Davis finished with 1,134 yards and 17 touchdowns this year.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 am

Let me translate....Bowden told him no way in hell he would release him to play against his father every year at Florida.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:15 pm

VaderFin wrote:Let me translate....Bowden told him no way in hell he would release him to play against his father every year at Florida.

Exactly :,-( :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to College Football