General Talk Champion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

General Talk Champion

Moderator: Football Moderators

General Talk Champion

Postby citybirds27 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Pretty attractive title don't you think? :-b

But, anyway we started a football league with a bunch of the more active general talkers and twisted won (enter bragging rights here)

And just for more bragging rights heres the final standings:
(for those in the league this is the standings it has in the main page not the individual playoff games for example I would technicaly be 2nd because I was in the "super bowl" and omaha would be third because he beat moon in the 2nd best game)

Trailer Park Twisters -twisted
teem genious - moonhead
A City's Bird Crap - me
Ed Frid's Animals - omaha red sox
The Dominators - child of god
Knapp Sackers - knapplc
Team Mets-Roids - metroid
Team Bonez - bagobonez
Steel City Boneheads - steelersfan
USPAM slurps - houstonherdfan

By the way the league was extremely close

Let the bragging and/or excuses begin :-b
Last edited by citybirds27 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2060
Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Congratz Twisted!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Team Bonez is bagobonez.

And USPAM Slurps is houstonherdfan.

You could have looked at our roster page silly. :-b ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:25 pm

I had LT2, Chester Taylor, Addai and McAllister and I still finished sixth. It was that kind of year in fantasy football for me. :-t
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm

knapplc wrote:I had LT2, Chester Taylor, Addai and McAllister and I still finished sixth. It was that kind of year in fantasy football for me. :-t


Well, geez, you started out like 0-6 or something. :-°

What sucks for you, though, and most of us for that matter, is that it's a keeper league and you won't get to keep LT. CB insists it's a fun way of doing, so we'll have to trust him on this. But I don't really like giving up FWP and SJax, along with Roy, Housh, and Fitz.

Twisted killed me in the semifinal I had a first round score of 160 or something and thought I was off to a great start. Till I saw his first round score of nearly 190. 8-o

He cruised. Congrats on the title Twisted. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:I had LT2, Chester Taylor, Addai and McAllister and I still finished sixth. It was that kind of year in fantasy football for me. :-t


Well, geez, you started out like 0-6 or something. :-°

What sucks for you, though, and most of us for that matter, is that it's a keeper league and you won't get to keep LT. CB insists it's a fun way of doing, so we'll have to trust him on this. But I don't really like giving up FWP and SJax, along with Roy, Housh, and Fitz.

Twisted killed me in the semifinal I had a first round score of 160 or something and thought I was off to a great start. Till I saw his first round score of nearly 190. 8-o

He cruised. Congrats on the title Twisted. ;-D


I'm confident my fellow owners won't vote LT off of my team. ;-7
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:52 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:I had LT2, Chester Taylor, Addai and McAllister and I still finished sixth. It was that kind of year in fantasy football for me. :-t


Well, geez, you started out like 0-6 or something. :-°

What sucks for you, though, and most of us for that matter, is that it's a keeper league and you won't get to keep LT. CB insists it's a fun way of doing, so we'll have to trust him on this. But I don't really like giving up FWP and SJax, along with Roy, Housh, and Fitz.

Twisted killed me in the semifinal I had a first round score of 160 or something and thought I was off to a great start. Till I saw his first round score of nearly 190. 8-o

He cruised. Congrats on the title Twisted. ;-D


I'm confident my fellow owners won't vote LT off of my team. ;-7


I wont vote for LT if you dont vote for Peyton. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:53 pm

So everyone else decides who you keep?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:55 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So everyone else decides who you keep?


What happens is everyone votes two players off the oppositions teams....I think. :-o
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So everyone else decides who you keep?


What happens is everyone votes two players off the oppositions teams....I think. :-o


Yeah, I think that's it, and those players are put back into the draft, while the owners keep 5 or so players that are left.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So everyone else decides who you keep?


What happens is everyone votes two players off the oppositions teams....I think. :-o


Yeah, I think that's it, and those players are put back into the draft, while the owners keep 5 or so players that are left.


Hmm...Well could be interesting if you all don't play nice. Or if you all do. Or else some people will likely get the bone. Is that the deal?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:05 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact