General Talk Champion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

General Talk Champion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:16 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So everyone else decides who you keep?

What happens is everyone votes two players off the oppositions teams....I think. :-o

Yeah, I think that's it, and those players are put back into the draft, while the owners keep 5 or so players that are left.

Hmm...Well could be interesting if you all don't play nice. Or if you all do. Or else some people will likely get the bone. Is that the deal?

I think the idea is we dont play nice. Sorry knapp LT is gone. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

What happens is everyone votes two players off the oppositions teams....I think. :-o

Yeah, I think that's it, and those players are put back into the draft, while the owners keep 5 or so players that are left.

Hmm...Well could be interesting if you all don't play nice. Or if you all do. Or else some people will likely get the bone. Is that the deal?

Someone could get really screwed if they try to play nice and nobody else does. Well, maybe not, I don't know. I think this will be a new experience for most, if not all, of us.

Just to throw this out there, not that it means anything, but my kicker and backup QB had helluva seasons. You don't want me locking those 2 up for a second season.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Someone could get really screwed if they try to play nice and nobody else does. Well, maybe not, I don't know. I think this will be a new experience for most, if not all, of us.

Just to throw this out there, not that it means anything, but my kicker and backup QB had helluva seasons. You don't want me locking those 2 up for a second season.

I think you forgot to add one of these.... ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby eman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm

The voting off way is a very fun variation of a keeper league. It makes things much more interesting and serves to naturally level the playing field a bit from year to year. :)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:25 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

No, I'm serious. I mean, I can't remember who those 2 players are right now, but they had great years and are sure to duplicate those numbers next year, if not DOUBLE them.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

No, I'm serious. I mean, I can't remember who those 2 players are right now, but they had great years and are sure to duplicate those numbers next year, if not DOUBLE them.

You must be speaking of John Kasay and Jon Kitna. Yeah I'll be sure and vote for them instead of SJAX and FWP. :-b
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

You must be speaking of John Kasay and Jon Kitna. Yeah I'll be sure and vote for them instead of SJAX and FWP. :-b

Sounds like a pretty neat idea in all...then again, you aren't going to have very many players left before the next draft...

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:37 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Nooooooooo...please don't do that. Anything but thaaaaaaat.... :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:37 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Sounds like a pretty neat idea in all...then again, you aren't going to have very many players left before the next draft...

No, no how it works is everyone votes for 2 and then we tally up the votes and the 2 players on your team who receive the most votes go back in the pool. At least thats the way I understand it. I may be wrong. My head hurts, I want some ice cream.
Metroid

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:11 pm

How do you determine draft order? Last place in the playoffs?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk