Any good Horror movies lately? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Any good Horror movies lately?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any good Horror movies lately?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:00 pm

Looking for a good scary movie to rent, got any suggestions?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 pm

You looking for a slasher flick or a psychological thriller?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:You looking for a slasher flick or a psychological thriller?

not looking for a slasher flick.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:14 pm

ive actually been wondering the same thing...interested to see what responses you get

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:15 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:You looking for a slasher flick or a psychological thriller?

not looking for a slasher flick.

In that case, allow me to introduce you to one of the worst mindscrews of all time...

I've probably recommended this to everyone who's ever asked me for a great psychological thriller and I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about it. Truly one of the most horrific and chilling movies you'll ever see. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks D. might have to check that out this weekend.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Atog » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Audition is a s.c.r.e.w.e.d. up movie.
Not that you shouldn't see it ;-D

As long as you've seen The Shining, though.
I have a "If you haven't seen these movies I won't acknowledge you as a person" list and that's on it ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:04 pm

As far as recent horror movies go, I really liked "The Hills Have Eyes" remake. It was pretty hardcore.

I'll try to check out that "Audition" movie.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:31 pm

josebach wrote:As far as recent horror movies go, I really liked "The Hills Have Eyes" remake. It was pretty hardcore.

I don't know about the remake, but we watched The Hills Have Eyes and it was horrible. I don't normally walk away from a movie. There's been maybe 2 or 3 that I have, but I stopped watching this movie. I couldn't take the rape scene.

How about Snakes On A Plane? ........ kidding.

Have you seen both Underworld movies. Those are alright. We watched Wrong Turn a short while ago and it was alright as well. There's not much on it, I don't think it was that popular, but it's about inbreeds in West Virginia that basically kill any motorists that venture in their hills. I'm not into the horror films, but my wife likes them. So I don't care for any of the horror films (though I did enjoy Signs), but I'll offer that one up for you as an option.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 pm

To put it simply...no. No one knows how to make any movie nowadys, especially horror. Now it's all about special effects and blood, guts and gore, with some more guts tossed on top for good measure. Either that or they try to bait you with quiet and little movement just to have something jump out with a loud noise to make you jump. Not scary, just startling. You will never find a Lon Cheney or a Boris Karloff, who had no need for S.E. because they could make you believe they were who they were pretending to be. Sure, there have been other good movies and actors since then, such as Jack Nicholson in the afforementioned "The Shining", but I think you get my point. Freddy VS Jason? Remakes of bad 70's horror like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes? Get real. Those were done, and done well for their time period, but the idea is old and worn.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to General Talk