State of the Tight Ends - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

State of the Tight Ends

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby APAP » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:31 pm

Jerramy Stevens is on there but Jason Witten isn't :-?
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:54 pm

APAP wrote:Jerramy Stevens is on there but Jason Witten isn't :-?

Leaving off the #6 tight end in receiving yardage is indeed troubling, but I guess they don't like his only 1 touchdown and think that things won't change radically next season. Fasano may also be a threat to steal catches.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 pm

At #5, Vernon Davis may be ranked too low. I'm starting to think that he may be the #2 TE in the league next year after Antonio Gates. Considering you'll have to burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on Gates, with a 7th or 8th round pick next year VD could be the steal of the draft. I'll be targeting him in all re-draft leagues. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Azrael » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:53 am

Witten only caught 1 TD last year, kinda scary.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Humpback » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Azrael wrote:

Only 1 TD, and he still outscored 6 guys on this top 15 list last year. Look at his career numbers, there's no way he's not a top 10 TE, with the potential to be much higher. He can't go much lower than 1 TD :-b , he had 6 each of the last 2 seasons. I expect him to get back to 4-8 TD's and be a top 6-10 TE next year for sure.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Kilroy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:58 am

The Lung wrote:At #5, Vernon Davis may be ranked too low. I'm starting to think that he may be the #2 TE in the league next year after Antonio Gates. Considering you'll have to burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on Gates, with a 7th or 8th round pick next year VD could be the steal of the draft. I'll be targeting him in all re-draft leagues. ;-D

Turner sticks around, you may well be right. He leaves and a new O.C. comes in...???. It's a wait and see deal right now.

7.12 for KWII? If I can get him in the late 7th-early 8th this year I'll be a happy camper. ;-D

These "State of The.." Articles have been good reads. Nice find Lung. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:03 am

Humpback wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Only 1 TD, and he still outscored 6 guys on this top 15 list last year. Look at his career numbers, there's no way he's not a top 10 TE, with the potential to be much higher. He can't go much lower than 1 TD :-b , he had 6 each of the last 2 seasons. I expect him to get back to 4-8 TD's and be a top 6-10 TE next year for sure.

He didn't have a WR like Owens sucking up a dozen TDs either. I'd rather grab a guy like Vernon Davis who you will probably get a little cheaper and has much higher upside.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Humpback » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 am

Azrael wrote:
Humpback wrote:
Azrael wrote:

He didn't have a WR like Owens sucking up a dozen TDs either. I'd rather grab a guy like Vernon Davis who you will probably get a little cheaper and has much higher upside.

Not sure what leagues you play in, but you won't be able to get V. Davis cheaper than Witten. My point is, Witten can only go down by 1 TD, so his downside isn't much at all from last season. His upside is pretty high as well, especially if TO leaves. He's not better than Davis, but he is better than some of the other guys ahead of him on the list, IMO.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk