Madden simulations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden simulations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden simulations

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:24 pm

I ran a round of this weeks playoff games with Computer Vs. Computer in Madden.

Game 1: Ravens 34 Colts 20
Game 2: New Orleans 40 Philly 14
Game 3: Seattle 24 Chicago 20
Game 4: New England 22 San Diego 19

My Philly and San Diego games were kinda screwy though because I'm using an updated verison of Madden 2006. (Updated rosters with rookies and depth charts but still an outdated verison of Madden) but player ratings for Garcia and Rivers still suck. I think Rivers threw like 8 INT's in the Bolts/Pats game. The scary thing was San Diego still only lost by a FG!

So we will see how close to reality these really are... The Seattle Chicago game was probably most realistic. Although I think SA had like 200 rushing yards which was a joke.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:37 pm

The biggest problem I see with those, is I don't think the Ravens put up 34 on Indy
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:46 pm

NittanyLions wrote:The biggest problem I see with those, is I don't think the Ravens put up 34 on Indy

I could put up 34 on the Colts, by myself. :-b ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Yeah actually 14 of the 34 were set up by key turnovers. One was an Addai fumble deep in their own territory that Ray Lewis scooped up and ran for the 10 yard TD. Another was a Manning interception late in the 2nd half that set up the gimmie J.Lewis score.

So really it should have been 20-20 at the very least.

My biggest problem was how freaking easy SA found running room vs the Bears. I think at the end of the game he had like a 6.9YPC average 225+ yards. There were huge holes left and right. It looked like he was playing vs the Colts without Bob Sanders or something...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby eman » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:55 pm

I did the same thing with the Hawks Cubbies game and had similar resulte. Hawks won 23-18, and SA had something like 180 and a td on 30 carries. Maybe its a sign. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:41 am

i used to do this on the sega NFL2K games on the dreamcast when i was undecided on which defenses to start in fantasy :-B :-b

i hope your simulation is correct ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:53 pm

I was bored so I decided to do my own round of simulations for these games with updated rosters and such in Madden 07. This is what I ended up with:

Chargers 24
Patriots 7

Both Brady and Rivers had a TD and 3 INTs. Tomlinson had 174 total yards (131 rushing) and 2 TDs.

Colts 25
Ravens 24

This one had Jamal Lewis having a big day at 164 yds rushing at 5.4 ypc. Indy was down 24-9 going into the 4th but scored 16 in the fourth to win the game.

Bears 26
Seahawks 14

Both teams had good days running the ball but there ended up only being 1 turnover in the entire game and that was a lost fumble by Seattle.

Saints 32
Eagles 29

This one had both teams playing pretty well. Garcia threw 2 TDs, 1 INT while Brees had 3 TDs, 2 INTs. Brees threw a TD on a game-winning drive with :47 left in the game to win.

Of course there will be things wrong with it, but it's always fun to see what comes out. I think it was right about a couple things though, the Indy/Baltimore and NO/Philly games will probably be very close hard fought games that go down to the wire. I think the NE/SD game will likely be more high scoring than that but oh well.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:02 pm

i like sniper's outcomes a lot more than mattb's :-b !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:04 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i like sniper's outcomes a lot more than mattb's :-b !+)

:-b I thought you might, but I think mine holds truer in that it will be a very close game. This is gonna be one heck of a weekend of NFL football. ;-D
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:09 pm

mattb47 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i like sniper's outcomes a lot more than mattb's :-b !+)

:-b I thought you might, but I think mine holds truer in that it will be a very close game. This is gonna be one heck of a weekend of NFL football. ;-D

Your's are way more accurate. What's with Snipers? I mean 40-14 is a little absurd.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games