we do this in our league just for fun...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

we do this in our league just for fun......

Moderator: Football Moderators

we do this in our league just for fun......

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:39 pm

Do you guys do any extra challenges in your fantasy league?

in our league each week, all owners who wish to participate and submit picks join in on our weekly 3+1 challenge.

the rules are as follows.....you pick 4 nfl players that you think will score the most fantasy points for the week.
we each select......
1 qb
1 rb
1 wr
and for the bonus pick we select a player that is currently a free agent in our league.

then whatever fantasy points your selected players get each week is what you are awarded with, and we keep a running total for the season.

its just for fun, but the league members seem to like it as 7 of 8 members have particpated at least in 1 week. usualy jay fiedler is the favorite pick of free agents each week, and lately byron leftwich has been the most selected player out of our free agent pool, as the bonus player.......and sometimes a guy will select a wr that could have a good break out game.

were not sure what to give to the winner....maybe just a gag gift or a white elephant gift from everyone in the league.

you guys do anything like that?
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:53 pm

That sounds like a pretty cool side game.

We do something much simpler. Every week, the lowest scoring team pays the highest scoring team $5. So far it has been a different one each week.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:57 pm

that would rock, but there are some broke assed mofo's in our league, and also i think i would have yet to have gotten paid this season....and i probably would have had to shell out twice
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AF » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:01 pm

Our league pays $10 (cost to get in) to the highest scoring team over the last 3 games of the year. This is just in hopes to keep everbody around for the whole year though. Regardless of how grim the outlook is in the end.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:49 pm

We have a $20 fee to join, then $5 for each transaction, and the $5 to the highest scorer each week. We then split it something like 50%, 35%, 15% at the end of the playoffs.

I do not like the $5 transaction fee myself since I like to tinker a lot during the season, and it does make me second guess myself a lot. I still end up picking up players that do not end up starting at all for me.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:55 pm

emaja wrote:
We do something much simpler. Every week, the lowest scoring team pays the highest scoring team $5. So far it has been a different one each week.

That sounds like a kick ass idea. We should incorporate that in my league ;-D It's like giving the best guy respect lol that's great
Last edited by deftdelivery on Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:11 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
emaja wrote:

That sounds like a kick ass idea. We should incorporate that in my league ;-D It's like giving the best time respect lol that's great

It really helps keep everyone competitive, even the guys in the lower third of the league.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk