Drug Seminar in School Today - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Drug Seminar in School Today

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drug Seminar in School Today

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Today in my health class, some police detectives came in to do a presentation on drugs and alcohol. They had a huge case with all kinds of drugs such as crack, weed, pot and all kinds of other stuff. The guy said they had something like $6500 in pot. 8-o The guys passed all of the drugs around in bags so we could all look at them. Anyone else have something like this? It was cool and informative to all of the side affects of certain drugs.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:08 pm

A police officer came to my elementary school in 5th grade, but that was years ago. At that point none of the kids are even thinking about doing drugs, so it seemed like more of a joke. But still good to get kids aware at an early age, rather than wait until its too late.

Unfortunately, too many of the kids at my school could use a briefing on drugs, it seems they have forgotten :-o
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:15 pm

sportsaddict wrote:A police officer came to my elementary school in 5th grade, but that was years ago. At that point none of the kids are even thinking about doing drugs, so it seemed like more of a joke. But still good to get kids aware at an early age, rather than wait until its too late.

Unfortunately, too many of the kids at my school could use a briefing on drugs, it seems they have forgotten :-o

I think it's good to inform kids of drugs and alcohol but I think 5th grade is a bit too early. But on the other side I think High School is too late for some.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:16 pm

We have a drug dog at my school and they had a little dealy on it, but they didn't pass around drugs. And in health class we just talked about them, but we didn't have any po-nan come and show/talk about 'em. Which could've pretty cool since I am not a big fan of hardcore drugs...Just a happy pothead.
Did they have meth? Cause that stuff is destroying the young and old up here in MN....Needs to be more awareness.

$6500 on them? "I got that money in the bank" What is that a few pounds?

Good ole' health clas I had a football coach as my teacher, but I don't think he was certified teacher. Just a college football player who knew a lot about sports injuries. :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Tiki wrote:We have a drug dog at my school and they had a little dealy on it, but they didn't pass around drugs. And in health class we just talked about them, but we didn't have any po-nan come and show/talk about 'em. Which could've pretty cool since I am not a big fan of hardcore drugs...Just a happy pothead.
Did they have meth? Cause that stuff is destroying the young and old up here in MN....Needs to be more awareness.

$6500 on them? "I got that money in the bank" What is that a few pounds?

Good ole' health clas I had a football coach as my teacher, but I don't think he was certified teacher. Just a college football player who knew a lot about sports injuries. :-b

I also have a football coach :-b They didn't pass all of the drugs around but they had amphetamines, weed, pot, exstacy (spelling?) oxy cottins and a couple of other things.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm

i sort of doubt the effectiveness of that. ppl that do drugs, especially when addicted arent guna stop cuz some random police officer says its bad.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i sort of doubt the effectiveness of that. ppl that do drugs, especially when addicted arent guna stop cuz some random police officer says its bad.

I don't think it's a good idea to pass em around then. Did any one check if they were all there at the end? :-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:44 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i sort of doubt the effectiveness of that. ppl that do drugs, especially when addicted arent guna stop cuz some random police officer says its bad.

I don't think it's a good idea to pass em around then. Did any one check if they were all there at the end? :-D

I go to a school where there are known people who do drugs so that made them passing them around a bit suspicous. The guys passed them around and just randomly collected them at the end of the class. I didn't seem them count anything.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Drugs are bad mmmkay.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby niblet » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 pm

Yesterday I had to go to the auditorium at my school because some big bald British guy was giving a speech. He talked about how he was in some gang/mafia thing and about all the drugs he took. He killed someone with some brass knuckles. Apparently he had a conversion. He has a book out about it all-- not sure what it's called or what his name was.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to General Talk