Kicked in the balls... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kicked in the balls...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kicked in the balls...

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Okay - 10+ years with a license, never a single moving violation, and tonight some ******** ****** **** ****** ***** cop gives me a ticket for $$430.00 for not paying my license last month - less than 30 days past due (and I never got a note from the DMV telling me it WAS due to begin with but that's a whole 'nother story) and this monkey-loving incest-bred poo-face slaps me with a $430 ticket and then has the sheer gall to suggest I should feel privileged because he didn't have my car towed as well...

Seriously, I wanted to run the smarmy bassturd over on his way back to his stinkin' cruiser.

BS like this makes me want to puke. This jerk takes the time to run my plates for no outward reason (other than the license I was not doing anything even remotely illegal so there was no reason to run the plates), pull me over to verify it is actually ME (with the expired license) driving and not my wife or someone else, and meanwhile I got people zooming up and down my street at all hours of the night doing 50mph+ (in a 20mph zone) and riding illegal motorcycles and skidoos etc and basically being a big pain in the azz and these anus-hats don't do jack about it.

The only thing that pissed me off more than him giving me the ticket and then insinuating I should be grateful for it was the fact that ****er also lied to me about the amount of it... He handed me the ticket folded up and when I said something along the lines of "Over ten years with no violations and you can't even have the decency to let me off with a warning here? What is this ticket, like $300?" he just replied "Yes". When I got home (two blocks from where he pulled me over) I opened the ticket in the house and it was $300 fine PLUS $120 put-it-in-my-bum Fees + $10 contribution (for what I don't know).

On top of that I had to call in to say I was not coming to work tonight - cab fare would be around $50 either direction and I'm not taking the chance that this pr**k or one of his brother-uncles is sitting out there waiting for me in order to hit me with a second ticket and tow the car :-P

BTW - before anybody asks how I could NOT know my license was expired, here in Quebec they issue you a card with your pic on it for like 5 years but you have to pay the fee every two years and if you don't get a note from the DMV it's pretty easy to not realize that this is the year you pay and not the off-year... :-/
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:33 pm

that sucks man...if u were single i would say go sleep with the cop's wife, although i suppose u can just get one of ur friends to do it for you

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Ha, I'll trade you my $807 American cash bill that I just received from the IRS. Apparently, I left out information on last years tax return and now they want their piece of the pie.

:-P :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:35 pm

That stinks, expecially with all of those other hidden fines. A cab would really cost 50 bucks? 8-o At least you don't need to work for a few days. :-b ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Oh, I thought this was actually about being kicked in the balls. Well this is pretty bad too (And I was ready to share various stories about getting kicked in the junk too) :-b
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:42 pm

I got a $219 ticket some years back for an incomplete stop at a stop sign. Normally, I wouldn't have cared much and sheepishly taken the ticket knowing I got caught doing something illegal, but the road was icy and the stop sign was at the bottom of a hill. It wasn't that I failed to stop, I slid past because of the ice. The cop was also tailgating me for 3 blocks and he slid past the stop sign too. He would have hit me if my car did come to a complete stop.

Even more annoying, is that the ticket was a village ticket, not a state ticket. And unfortunately for me, the state of Illinois found the practice of that particular village issuing tickets to be in violation of something or other and banned from doing that 3 months after I got my ticket, so I still had to pay. Village ticket also meant that I couldn't contest it in court. Bastards made a lot of money from their little scam for a while, and I'm still annoyed that they got me too.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:42 pm

sox 06 wrote:That stinks, expecially with all of those other hidden fines. A cab would really cost 50 bucks? 8-o At least you don't need to work for a few days. :-b ;-D

$50 might be an exaggeration but not by much really - I live way out in the burbs and it's like $1 a mile or something like that...

I can go and pay the license tomorrow (DMV office just a couple blocks away) so it's only a one night problem - which of course makes that *((*IH&^*&^*&% giving me a ticket instead of a warning even worse...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Ha, I'll trade you my $807 American cash bill that I just received from the IRS. Apparently, I left out information on last years tax return and now they want their piece of the pie.

:-P :-t

But that's different - you owed that money all along and you were just unaware of it - they didn't hit you with a fine for owing that $807 and then you still had to pay that $807 on top of the fine right?

Either way it sucks dude... :-P
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:10 pm

From my experience (and there's been many unfortunately), if you show disrespect to the cop, he will show disrespect to you. And they always win.

We don't get notices in the mail to let us know our license is about to expire. We just have to remember.

And if he did have the right to have your car towed, shouldn't you be glad he didn't?

And cops always, in my experience, run your plates. How else will they know if there's a warrant out for arrest.

And with the way you chose to respond to him handing you the ticket, "Over ten years with no violations and you can't even have the decency to let me off with a warning here? What is this ticket, like $300?", I find his response appropriate.

I've been pulled over more than a dozen times. Luckily I haven't been for over 3 years and currently hold a job where I have to be careful not to. I am not an asskisser in any sense of the word, but if being polite, whether the cop is or not, can get me out of an expensive ticket, I'm all for it. The last time decided to be machoman to a cop I got slapped with everything he could throw at me. $1200 and 2 court appearances. I think I've been pulled over 3 times after that incident, 2 tickets, neither totalling more than $200 and the other a warning. I've taken 3 driving courses in an attempt to erase some offenses off of my record. One of these courses, an 8-hour class, cannot be taken again. It's frustrating, but instead of blaming the cop and everyone else 'zooming by', why not consider that there is a chance you might have been in the wrong here. In retrospect, it would have been nice to receive a warning. Didn't happen this time. You certainly aren't going to encourage a warning with the current attitude you displayed there and are now displaying here.

Go ahead and criticize everything I said and call me everything you called that cop now....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Occasionally you see these stories about cops who like to show their authority... Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk