Kicked in the balls... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kicked in the balls...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 pm

Yeah, somthing else that helps is if ou have a concealed handgun license, show that to them with your drivers license and tell them where your gun is in the car. I have two friends that do this and they both said they get out of 90% of stops without a ticket when they do this. I guess a cop respects a guy that knows how to handle a gun. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, somthing else that helps is if ou have a concealed handgun license, show that to them with your drivers license and tell them where your gun is in the car. I have two friends that do this and they both said they get out of 90% of stops without a ticket when they do this. I guess a cop respects a guy that knows how to handle a gun. ;-D

We were returning to a party once and the cops had shown up. Well they got to us and wanted to see the driver's license. He had a registered 9mm (no concealed license at the time), but when the cop initially stepped up to his window and took his license to run it, he forgot about it and it was covered by a shirt or something on the console between us. When the cop returned he had removed the shirt and politely told the cop that he did have a gun. The cop briefly freaked out and asked why he hadn't seen that before. He calmed down once my friend gave him the registration and gun. Actually engaged in small talk and was comparing his gun to my friend's, both being the same maker and caliber. We were let go, even with a trunkload of liquor and minors (including myself) running all around and fighting (why the cops were called).
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:52 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, somthing else that helps is if ou have a concealed handgun license, show that to them with your drivers license and tell them where your gun is in the car. I have two friends that do this and they both said they get out of 90% of stops without a ticket when they do this. I guess a cop respects a guy that knows how to handle a gun. ;-D

90% of stops? How many times are your buddies getting pulled over anyway?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:57 pm

lmcjaho wrote:

90% of stops? How many times are your buddies getting pulled over anyway?

OK, OK, they like virtually NEVER get a ticket. One has gotten like 5 or 6 warnings and hasn't ever been given a ticket (hes in his 50's) and the other has gotten 1 ticket and about 4 or 5 warnings (before he himself became a cop) ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Anybody know any women who have been given a ticket, instead of a warning? I don't think I know any. Just warnings.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:18 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Anybody know any women who have been given a ticket, instead of a warning? I don't think I know any. Just warnings.

Yeah - my wife. When we were still dating we were driving on the same road I was talking about up there ^^ when she got pulled over doing like 72 in that 60 zone. She was being all cocky and acting like a hotshot that she never got tickets, and I was like, "Well, you're going to get one now." But NO, the guy gave her a warning because she was this cute young blue-eyed blonde!!! :-# :-#

That is so not fair. I got two tickets in about a year's time on that road back then, and she was going FASTER than I had been going and got a warning. I was not so much mad but frustrated. It's not like I wanted her to get a ticket, but fair is fair.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Yeah, that Cop should have given you a break, but like everyone else is saying. It really depends on what type of day they are having.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Anybody know any women who have been given a ticket, instead of a warning? I don't think I know any. Just warnings.

Yeah - my wife. When we were still dating we were driving on the same road I was talking about up there ^^ when she got pulled over doing like 72 in that 60 zone. She was being all cocky and acting like a hotshot that she never got tickets, and I was like, "Well, you're going to get one now." But NO, the guy gave her a warning because she was this cute young blue-eyed blonde!!! :-# :-#

That is so not fair. I got two tickets in about a year's time on that road back then, and she was going FASTER than I had been going and got a warning. I was not so much mad but frustrated. It's not like I wanted her to get a ticket, but fair is fair.

So she wasn't given a ticket? I'm definitely showing skin next time I get pulled over. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:40 pm

My old boss lives in my neighborhood where the speed limit is 25. Anyway, some people complained about people driving too fast and the set up a speedtrap. I got pulled over in my driveway for doing 37. I got out of my car and immediately apologized. I said something like... "gosh, man I'm sorry. I wasn't even paying attention and was just trying to get home."... all of which was totally true. Anyway, he said you need to slow down, people have been complaining. I said "Yes sir, I sure will", and he let me go. The next day I heard my bosses wife got pulled over for doing 35 and got a ticket. :-b

It pays to be nice.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm

The good thing is that you came here to vent your anger instead of venting it on the cop when it could've cost you more, and I don't mean just money.

I don't have any stories to tell because I've only had my learner's permit for 3 and a half months.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk