Kicked in the balls... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kicked in the balls...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm

You're lucky we didn't tow your car and shoot you on the spot!

But seriously, that sucks man. Paying tickets suck no matter what the situation. Plus, having an a-hole cop doesn't make the situation better.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:47 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The good thing is that you came here to vent your anger instead of venting it on the cop when it could've cost you more, and I don't mean just money.

I don't have any stories to tell because I've only had my learner's permit for 3 and a half months.

Well then, its a really good thing you don't have any stories. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:05 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:The good thing is that you came here to vent your anger instead of venting it on the cop when it could've cost you more, and I don't mean just money.

I don't have any stories to tell because I've only had my learner's permit for 3 and a half months.

Well then, its a really good thing you don't have any stories. ;-D

haha...seriously.

When I was 16 I got pulled over for what turned out to be a misunderstanding on the cop's part. I got off with a warning and didn't tell my parents, then through a crazy turn of events my dad found out the next day. Once I explained what happened my parents weren't that upset that I got pulled over, but they were pretty pissed that I tried to keep it from them.

Anyway, general rule of thumb: at least wait until you have the actual physical license before getting pulled over.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Haha, some good stories here.

Me and my buddy were driving to Ohio once, to visit a friend at Bowling Green. Worst part about driving to Ohio from Illinois is having to drive through Indiana, with their toll system. Anyways, there were plenty of signs up that said that their highways were heavily enforced and my friend kept the cruise on 70 mph (speed limit being 65) but we still got pulled over. The cop who saw us claimed we were drag racing, because another young guy on the left lane (who also had his cruise on, but set to 75 mph) was slowly passing on the left. Of course 70 and 75 isn't that much difference and passing at that speed takes a while. Hence, the cop's claim that we were racing.

Funny part though, is that that one cop tried to pull both cars over by himself. First he pulled up next to us and told us to pull over on the bullhorn. My friend pulls over and the cop then speeds off. We looked at each other, wondering what kind of Super Troopers trick this guy was pulling. Waited about 2 minutes, then I told him to start driving, cop isn't coming back. So he slowly starts accelerating and moving back into the highway. After about a mile, we see the cop had pulled over the other car, and the cop had jumped into the right lane (on foot, mind you) with his flashlight and waving for us to pull over. Unfortunately, my friend had already put his cruise back and had to hit the brakes pretty hard, and the idiot cop refused to jump out of the way. Well, he did have to jump at the last second, because there wasn't much stopping distance the cop left for my friend to completely stop in, and we ended up bumping his ass when the cop jumped out of the way last second. He goes flying off into the bushes with his hat landing on the hood. Of course, two college males who just saw a cop make some wild jump and get hit in the butt during the process see this event as extremely funny, and we start cracking up. The cop though, found it extremely humiliating, and came up with a vengeance, gun pulled out and aimed right at our faces, screaming at us to shut up and literally foaming at the mouth.

Needless to say, my friend and I got several threats of being thrown in jail for assaulting an officer with a vehicle, reckless driving, impounding the car, etc, etc, etc. Good thing his backup finally arrived and took over handling us, as he saw that the other cop couldn't exactly control himself dealing with us. In the end, my friend got a $125 ticket for speeding. And before got to get back on the road, the first cop came back sheepish and apologized for threatening us and said he was simply angry earlier. Turned out to be pretty good natured and joked around a bit with us before we left. Also gave us a good shortcut to Bowling Green so we could lower our toll fee a bit.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:30 pm

Okay - I was too pissed off to post this on Friday but guess what was waiting in my mailbox when I got home from the DMV and paying for my license.....

That's right - the day after that &$^%# gave me the $430 ticket I got a reminder from the DMV that my license was past due... !+) :-P :~(
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:46 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Okay - I was too pissed off to post this on Friday but guess what was waiting in my mailbox when I got home from the DMV and paying for my license.....

That's right - the day after that &$^%# gave me the $430 ticket I got a reminder from the DMV that my license was past due... !+) :-P :~(

Well that there is a <check thread title>. !+) :~(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk