2007 Cafe Challenge members announced. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

2007 Cafe Challenge members announced.

Moderator: Football Moderators

2007 Cafe Challenge members announced.

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:23 pm

After a huge casting call in the process of bringing back our original Cafe Challenge league, it has taken a lot of time and discussions via PM to the mods at both cafes to narrow down the search for two extremely competitive contingents for this year’s challenge.
The baseball cafe will be represented by arguably the strongest group yet, including five main moderators for the FBC (all five of which were involved in last year’s challenge league). The six to make the league are:
Amazinz
Mookie4ever
Tavish
raiders_umpire
kent_x12
davidmarver

Alternates (in order): Artful Dodgers, mweir145, Thursday

From the football cafe, I had 12 people express an interest to participate, all of which are cream of the crop posters at the FFC. After numerous conversations with mods and other high-esteem members of the cafe, We are going with:
Mercer Boy
Flux
SwiperNoSwiping
Canacuna
VaderFin
Warpigs

Alternates (in order): GreatestShowonEarth, WickedSmaat, Nittany Lions, knapplc, mrblitz, FleshnerFantasy, skibrett

After last baseball season’s victory, the FFC are in the drivers’ seat. Let’s see if they can make it two in a row.

WP

P.S. Sorry to all the classy football guys who didn't make the cut. I would hope that you guys could form a second league if one of the group wants to take charge. I'd imagine that the baseball side could find a few extra representatives.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Good luck, guys! Make us proud!

Remember, the Light Side is the Right Side. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:20 pm

talk about a kick in the balls....first loser! :-P

It would really be too bad if one of you guys "mysteriously" disapeared..... }:-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Sweet, I'll look forward to hearing the results of this one. I'm going to take a crack at fantasy baseball this season in some nub public league to get the hang of it... maybe I'll even spend some time over on the Baseball side... *Gasp*

Best of luck to all. Especially for our football guys. Kick some big time bottom!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 pm

represent !! ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 pm

SniperShot wrote:Sweet, I'll look forward to hearing the results of this one. I'm going to take a crack at fantasy baseball this season in some nub public league to get the hang of it... maybe I'll even spend some time over on the Baseball side... *Gasp*

Best of luck to all. Especially for our football guys. Kick some big time bottom!

You will be impressed with the knowledge those guys have over there. :-°

Good luck to the LightSide. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm

hey as long as wreves or DK aren't there i'm pretty happy. :-b ;-D :-L
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:59 pm

I tried a roto baseball public league last year at Yahoo. I lasted only 3 weeks before I totally lost interest. Knowing only of 1% of the players probably didn't help, and I can thank ESPN (sarcastically, that is) that most of that 1% is comprised of the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees players. Both Chicago teams made up the rest of my player knowledge, lol. And the baseball season is just WAY too long for my taste.

Anyways, good luck to the FFC guys. ;-D ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:50 pm

yeah good luck boys!!!!!!! Get'em
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:25 am

Good luck to all the guys who made it ;-D

I'm looking to play some baseball and maybe a league can be put together for some of the FFC guys that aren't doing this that wanna play baseball? I'd be interested in doing something.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk