Armed & Famous - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Armed & Famous

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:44 am

Not going to watch it. I think it's a kind of horrible idea... and we have enough Shaqs roaming around already I believe.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:28 am

I'd let Trish Stratus handcuff me up :-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:23 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I'd let Trish Stratus handcuff me up :-)

Complete with strip search and body cavity exam??? ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 pm

stomperrob wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:I'd let Trish Stratus handcuff me up :-)

Complete with strip search and body cavity exam??? ;-) :-D

I'd be for that, as long as I get to be the cop next. ;-)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:00 pm

I can't really judge it as I've never seen it but all of those ads for it that I saw during football really ticked me off. :-t
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:18 pm

The real name should be Armed and Semi-famous or Armed and used-to-be-famous.

If we're flipping thru the tube and there's nothing else on, we might catch it. Other wise, I'm not bothering to set up my tivo. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if 100 percent of this show were fake, if everything was completely staged. I have a hard time thinking that any reality TV show is actually real... I read that during Joe Millionaire the girls were told that he had a million dollars so they could plan their response if they won 8-o
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:00 pm

stomperrob wrote:Just what the world needs - another "reality" show! I refuse to watch any of 'em! :-t

My thoughts exactly. I refuse to watch any of that crap. And before someone starts bashing me for saying it's all crap, I'm not saying that. I'm sure that maybe 1 or 2 of the "reality" shows might interest me (probably not) but I just refuse to watch any of them because they have absolutely nothing to do with "reality" and the very few that I ever tried to watch really sucked. Give me a show like 24, Lost, CSI, & Criminal Minds. Shows that actually have writers, actors, & some creativity. "Reality" shows to me are very sad because the networks just laugh their way all the way to the bank. They put out a joke product and don't have to pay writers or actors so they are making SO much $ off them. I don't blame the networks at all. I blame the people that watch them for making them so popular. Just my opinion.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Munboy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:50 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Just what the world needs - another "reality" show! I refuse to watch any of 'em! :-t

My thoughts exactly. I refuse to watch any of that crap. And before someone starts bashing me for saying it's all crap, I'm not saying that. I'm sure that maybe 1 or 2 of the "reality" shows might interest me (probably not) but I just refuse to watch any of them because they have absolutely nothing to do with "reality" and the very few that I ever tried to watch really sucked. Give me a show like 24, Lost, CSI, & Criminal Minds. Shows that actually have writers, actors, & some creativity. "Reality" shows to me are very sad because the networks just laugh their way all the way to the bank. They put out a joke product and don't have to pay writers or actors so they are making SO much $ off them. I don't blame the networks at all. I blame the people that watch them for making them so popular. Just my opinion.

Love 24 and Criminal Minds. I'll watch the orginal CSI. Never seen an episode of lost.

But I watch 2 "reality" shows. Survivor and Amazing Race. But I watch it for what it is...a game show, not a reality show. Its fun to watch the challanges and seeing how the players react to each other and the decisions they make.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 am

This is a mockery. To suggest that anyone, let alone celebrities who don't have a clue what real life is, can get behind a badge and represent what it stands for is an insult to law enforcement. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that something terrible could happen and someone could be hurt. Is that what has to happen for this nonsense to stop? I can hardly believe this is real. Can we please stop feeding the monster and use our televisions for something constructive for once?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk