You too can play for the Wolverines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

You too can play for the Wolverines

Moderator: Football Moderators

You too can play for the Wolverines

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:26 am

Yup, they have a fantasy football experience for $2,500 - you get full pads and uniforms and go through all the drills with Coach Carr - limited to 116 entrants - the money goes to prostate cancer research at UofM

The 2nd Annual Michigan Men’s Fantasy Football Experience June 2007

Coach Carr has only 116 spots available on his team and he wants you to be part of it. The 2nd Annual Michigan Men’s Fantasy Football Experience will be held in June 2007. Proceeds will benefit the “Men of Michigan” Prostate Cancer Research Fund at the University of Michigan. Our goal is to advance awareness, research and treatment of the most diagnosed cancer in American men.

We will conduct two-a-days practice installing offensive and defensive schemes coached by the Michigan coaching staff. Participants will attend a typical team meeting in Schembechler Hall, review actual practice film, and suit up in the Michigan Stadium team locker room. You will have your own locker at the Big House and receive an authentic Nike game jersey.

The cost for the two day experience is $2,500 per person and includes meals and overnight accommodations at the Campus Inn Hotel where the team stays prior to every home football game. We have an outstanding event planned and we hope you will join us for a memorable experience. You can reserve your spot on Coach Carr’s team or receive additional information by contacting mailto:FootballExperience@umich.edu

http://www.med.umich.edu/urology/News/e ... otball.htm

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 am

Awesome fund raiser idea.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Atog » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:42 am

eman wrote:Awesome fund raiser idea.

I guess, but I'm not about to pay $2500 to run practice drills.
Maybe for the custom jersey :-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:47 pm

The Osborne Regime used to have a class like this, and I don't know if the Callahan Regime has kept it alive. It was basically a class for women to get more out of the game when their husbands were watching. They'd line them up and walk them through plays, they'd get tours of all of the facilities and all that stuff. It was apparently pretty cool - most women that took the class really seemed to like it. It was run sort of like a college course, though, and I think it was only like $35 or $50. I'm pretty sure it was less than $100. I think Charlie McBride used to teach it if I recall correctly.

Tying this sort of thing into a fundraiser is a really good idea. If more schools did this it would probably raise a lot of money. Just think of the collective fan base of the top 30 or so schools, and how many of those fans would pay even $500 for that kind of hands-on experience with the coaches. I would seriously consider it if they offered it at Nebraska, and $500 is a LOT of money to me.

Kudos to UM for exploiting their popularity for such a good cause. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:55 pm

knapplc wrote:The Osborne Regime used to have a class like this, and I don't know if the Callahan Regime has kept it alive. It was basically a class for women to get more out of the game when their husbands were watching. They'd line them up and walk them through plays, they'd get tours of all of the facilities and all that stuff. It was apparently pretty cool - most women that took the class really seemed to like it. It was run sort of like a college course, though, and I think it was only like $35 or $50. I'm pretty sure it was less than $100. I think Charlie McBride used to teach it if I recall correctly.

Tying this sort of thing into a fundraiser is a really good idea. If more schools did this it would probably raise a lot of money. Just think of the collective fan base of the top 30 or so schools, and how many of those fans would pay even $500 for that kind of hands-on experience with the coaches. I would seriously consider it if they offered it at Nebraska, and $500 is a LOT of money to me.

Kudos to UM for exploiting their popularity for such a good cause. ;-D

The Wolverines also have a football experience for the females too:

Popular annual event benefits Coach Carr Cancer Fund at U-M Cancer Centeradded 3/16/06

Ann Arbor - For any woman who loves football or just wants to understand what the fuss is all about, the University of Michigan’s Women’s Football Academy is an opportunity to gain on-the-field knowledge from the best.

The Women’s Football Academy, an annual fund raiser for the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center, is a day of learning and playing football with U-M coaches and staff. It’s for women only, and no prior football experience or knowledge is necessary. U-M Head Coach Lloyd Carr and the U-M football coaches and staff volunteer their time to teach offense, defense and special teams strategies, skills and techniques. Participants go through practice drills and end the day with a scrimmage in the Big House.

A limited number of spots are still available to register for the highly popular event, which will be held Saturday, June 17.

The event benefits the Coach Carr Cancer Fund, which supports patient care and wellness programs at the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Carr Fund has helped establish and maintain Cancer Center programs for grief and loss, patient education and family supports. Recently, the fund has allowed the Cancer Center to expand its private onsite video and CD-ROM viewing area and produce the “patient toolbox,” a kit to help cancer survivors and their families navigate through the difficult cancer treatment journey. Last year, the Coach Carr Cancer Fund provided vital funding to the Helping Hands Fund, which gives financial support to patient families in need to cover the expenses associated with treatment.

Registration for the Women’s Football Academy is $90, $50 of which is tax deductible. In addition, participants are required to raise a minimum of $100 in donations for the Coach Carr Cancer Fund. In 2005, the Women’s Football Academy raised nearly $150,000.

To register for the Women’s Football Academy, go to http://www.mcancer.org/wfa or call 734-998-6894. Availability is limited.

Written by Nicole Fawcett

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm

wow that is really cool... excellent idea

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:16 pm

UF has the same kind of thing for women, just not the one for men. The women actually sit around tables and learn positions, formations, and plays from the actual Gator coaches. They also get some souveniers (sp?) and also get to run out of the tunnel to the same intro that the Gators run out of the tunnel to.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:31 pm

it would be funny if someone thought it was fantasy football camp, not football camp because of the name. So I got my cheat sheets ready... hey, why are we wearing pads?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm

It's not an authentic Michigan football experience unless it includes getting beaten by Ohio State....AGAIN.

:-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:26 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:It's not an authentic Michigan football experience unless it includes getting beaten by Ohio State....AGAIN.

:-b

that was so uncalled for

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to College Football