Week 19 GC: Indianapolis @ Baltimore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 19 GC: Indianapolis @ Baltimore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby D3C4K » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:42 pm

In the past, I was annoyed by all the "Vinatieri was the most valuable offseason pickup" talk. I figured what the hell, he's only a kicker, and who knows if the opportunity to make a game winning field goal in the playoffs would even come about? I have to apologize, as Vinny's been clutch, and a huge reason the Colts are making this playoff run. 8 field goals in two playoff games, with two of them 50+ and three 40+. Very impressive. ;-D
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
madaslives911 wrote:Colts defense was awesome too! Or was Ravens offense that bad?? :-D

both

Ravens offense was terrible. Just wait till next week. Colts D won't look so hot against the Chargers or Patriots.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:45 pm

I was very disappointed by this game. It wasn't all that I thought it would be, and the Ravens didn't seem like the Ravens at all. I expected them to win.
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:50 pm

What a difference a year makes. Seeing Dungy say "money" after Vinatieri sealed the deal reminds me so much of when Vanderjagt missed against the Steelers last season. Dungy was then seen saying "he missed it" after Vanderjagt's kick sailed wide right. What a difference a year makes, indeed. I'm gonna soak this in for just a bit, but there's still work to be done. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:55 pm

This game has more meaning than the 2004 playoffs when we played the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Back then we were favored, now we are underdogs and won. It feels great. I hope Peyton can please do better. His performances seem cliche. He still made plays when they counted, but wow awesome win. ;-D ;-D
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tfunky14 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:01 pm

Here we go again for this week,,
Ravens offense played bad, so did KC I guess...

Colts can't win...
screw you all, it is about winning games, bottom line..

win is a win in a tough place like Baltimore against a difficult place to play with all the things that were said all week..
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Well I was wrong about the score but picked the right winner! ;-D

I saw that also DDD (Dungy saying "money" after the 5th FG). I really thought that the Ravens keeping Indy out of the endzone would hurt Indy in the end. That INT at the 1 yard line hurt Balt. more than anything. 0 points when you have the ball inside the 10 was the turning point IMO. Great defensive battle and I'm not surprised that Indy's D played that well after what they did last week to a better offense. I just thought Balt's D was going to play better (even though they did play very good).

Congrats to Indy & their fans!

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:49 pm

bobbing_headz wrote: Colts D won't look so hot against the Chargers or Patriots.

That's weak.

Pathetic.

They shut down LJ, and now Jamal. You have no room whatsoever to go on that limb.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 pm

tfunky14 wrote:Colts can't win...
screw you all, it is about winning games, bottom line..

win is a win in a tough place like Baltimore against a difficult place to play with all the things that were said all week..

It was a great win, but no reason not to be a good winner. "screw you all?" That was not cool or classy.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:02 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote: Colts D won't look so hot against the Chargers or Patriots.

That's weak.

Pathetic.

They shut down LJ, and now Jamal. You have no room whatsoever to go on that limb.

It seems to me that when people are convinced that something is true, they will always find a reason why it can't be anything to the contrary. The Colts defense is drastically improved, there's no getting around that, and if they continue to play like that defensively they can beat anybody.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting