Week 19 GC: Philadelphia @ New Orleans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 19 GC: Philadelphia @ New Orleans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:17 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
MinorityAuthority wrote:You know what's more amazing.

The whole NFC South has made the NFC champ game

Bucs - 02 (won SB)
Panthers - 03 (lost in SB)
Falcons - 04 (lost in NFC champ)
Panthers - 05 (lost in NFC champ)
Saints - 06

Best division in football.

That doesn't make the NFC South the best division in football. It just means that they have one team that is one of the best in the NFC every year. Still, that is pretty impressive.

Exactly. Doesn't make it best in football. I don't thinik that honor could be given to an NFC division.

Agreed. Honestly the best NFC Division in 2006 was the East since they had 3 playoff teams. Granted they are all playing golf right now, but the NFC South isn't even the best division in their conference so they definitely aren't the best division in the NFL.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:21 am

Glad the Saints won.

Im origionally from So Cal so I have always had some love for the Bolts but given the situation in NO I'm glad the Saints are doing well this year. What a turn around.

I am praying for a SD / NO super bowl.

Sorry Iggles fans. You knew it had to end somewhere.
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Munboy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:21 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
MinorityAuthority wrote:You know what's more amazing.

The whole NFC South has made the NFC champ game

Bucs - 02 (won SB)
Panthers - 03 (lost in SB)
Falcons - 04 (lost in NFC champ)
Panthers - 05 (lost in NFC champ)
Saints - 06

Best division in football.

That doesn't make the NFC South the best division in football. It just means that they have one team that is one of the best in the NFC every year. Still, that is pretty impressive.

Exactly. Doesn't make it best in football. I don't thinik that honor could be given to an NFC division.

Agreed. Honestly the best NFC Division in 2006 was the East since they had 3 playoff teams. Granted they are all playing golf right now, but the NFC South isn't even the best division in their conference so they definitely aren't the best division in the NFL.

I was about to post the same thing. Then I remember the "toughest division in football" thread before the season and I wanted to dig it up, but got lazy and didn't post anything.

I think a lot of people (including yours truely) predicted the NFC East in that thread. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 am

I just got home from work, and I wanted to hop on here and say "Congratz!" to the Saints fans. I'm going to be pulling for you guys to win the title this year! ;-D

MinorAuthority, I don't know if you're a Saints fan, but if you are, that comment excludes you. No need to talk bad about Eagles fans, especially when nobody's done anything to warrant it. :-t

Now I'm going to get to work on producing a gameplan to stop the run for next year.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:44 am

two words: who dat?
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby swyck » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:55 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:Anybody notice not 1 Eagles fan has said Congrats? Real classy.

Oh well. At least Philly has their Wing Bowl. Oh wait, people from Philly can't even win their OWN CONTEST. :-t

I did, but I doubt you were even reading. Too bad that doesnt fit your wing bowl. :-P
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:38 am

Westbrook sure didn't hurt his fantasy stock during the playoffs.

Westy's playoff stats (2 games),

33 rushes, 257 ru yards, 7.8 YPC!, 3 TDs
5 receptions, 17 re yards

Don't forget, he also had a punt return TD called back vs NY.

What a stud.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:51 am

To all the Eagles' fans that laughed when Romo botched the snap against Seattle... I only have one thing to say.........

AAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAAAAAHHAHA!!!!!!!!

Another choke job by the E-gals... I love it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

bag, are you foolish?

How is losing to the better team a choke job.

Reid's decision was damned if you do, damned if you don't. You have ONE shot if you keep the ball, if you puint, several scenarios at least give you a shot at the ball again.

I fail to see how they "choked" when preseason they weren't suppossed to do anything in the eyes of most, wer't suppossed to do anything when donovan went down and romo took over. Seems to me they laid the smack down on the division three successive weeks, retook the division, and won a playoff game in a season when they lost kearse and donovan, and played away at saints team who pissed all over the cowboys and giants.

I think the acquitted themselves well considering.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nameless1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:16 pm

THe eagles did a great job this season (and played a better game than i've seen in the playoffs so far), and should be a top competitor with McNabb back next season. But, as I said earlier, I want the saints to go all the way this year. Call me a traitor if you like, but winning means more to New Orleans (and my friends there) than it does to Phili.
nameless1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting