Anyone really good with Excel? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone really good with Excel?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Captain » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:35 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
BGbootha wrote:I have thought about trying this, but how do you account for rookies, or players like a Donovan McNabb, who missed a bunch of time this year due to injury. just curious and thinking outloud.

Anyway, good luck with this it sounds like a good tool.

The purpose of the tool is so that after the league sites close down, you can see approximately where guys fell in the final standings in total points for your league. If it is done right, it will have final points and points/game, so that will cover injuries. ;-D

I created mine for the same reason. I wanted something to keep track of player stats for each of my fantasy teams. Mine is still a work in progress type of deal and I didn't take it as far as ranking the players, which is a very nice addition. I would still like to take a look at yours and test it out for you. We could probably combine our ideas and make a combined type of tool.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 pm

The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
BGbootha wrote:I have thought about trying this, but how do you account for rookies, or players like a Donovan McNabb, who missed a bunch of time this year due to injury. just curious and thinking outloud.

The purpose of the tool is so that after the league sites close down, you can see approximately where guys fell in the final standings in total points for your league. If it is done right, it will have final points and points/game, so that will cover injuries. ;-D

I created mine for the same reason. I wanted something to keep track of player stats for each of my fantasy teams. Mine is still a work in progress type of deal and I didn't take it as far as ranking the players, which is a very nice addition. I would still like to take a look at yours and test it out for you. We could probably combine our ideas and make a combined type of tool.

Alrighty, send me yours when you can, and I will send you mine when it is done. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:38 pm

yeah it sounds great. Good luck to the both of you.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby The_Captain » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:52 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Alrighty, send me yours when you can, and I will send you mine when it is done. ;-D

Email has been sent with the files attached. Let me know if you have any problems! ;-D

BGbootha wrote:yeah it sounds great. Good luck to the both of you.

Thanks BG!

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:22 pm

The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Email has been sent with the files attached. Let me know if you have any problems! ;-D

Thanks BG!

If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to take a look at that too, Cap.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Thanks BG!

If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to take a look at that too, Cap.

No problem knapp!

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to General Talk