Share your tasty recipes!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Share your tasty recipes!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Share your tasty recipes!!!

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:OK - here is the master list of Tyler Florence's "Tyler's Ultimate" recipes. I gathered them from the Food Network website (they're free for the taking! ;-D ) and scottaa1 went through and sorted it all and made the index. That's 80-something pages of sorting. 8-o

http://www.mediafire.com/?b06gv16dzdp

scott is my new hero. ;-D

I am John Hinckely Jr. to your Jodie Foster :-D

There are approximately 216 recipes in the file. The Shrimp Scampi Linguini is almost identical to the recipe I posted earlier in this thread, but of course has precise measurements where mine did not. It's VERY effective on date nights, if you know what I mean. }:-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:Knapp, yes I meant whipping cream!

Lo, I sliced the tomato and then sauted it. ;-D

Sounds GREAT ;-D I will try this. Interesting flavor combinations, I think, and tequila and orange liquer go together really well ;-D

I have never heard of epazote leaves. No idea if I can locate those around here :-?
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:00 pm

eastcoaster wrote:

Sounds GREAT ;-D I will try this. Interesting flavor combinations, I think, and tequila and orange liquer go together really well ;-D

I have never heard of epazote leaves. No idea if I can locate those around here :-?

I have not tried it as a substitute for epazote, but some say you can use coriander.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:
I have not tried it as a substitute for epazote, but some say you can use coriander.

OK, good to know ;-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:
eastcoaster wrote:

I've heard oregano used as one as well.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Regarding the whipped cream/whipping cream thing - when my dad was dating my mom he cooked her a meal that called for whipping cream for the sauce. Not knowing the difference he used whipped cream, and it tasted awful - but she still married him. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:31 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Dolfin99 wrote:I have not tried it as a substitute for epazote, but some say you can use coriander.

I've heard oregano used as one as well.

Duly noted ;-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:53 pm

knapplc wrote:Regarding the whipped cream/whipping cream thing - when my dad was dating my mom he cooked her a meal that called for whipping cream for the sauce. Not knowing the difference he used whipped cream, and it tasted awful - but she still married him. :-b

lucky man. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:12 am

Great recipe tonight. Drove to Philly to watch the Flyers from the club box. Then, drove to Pat's. Ordered a cheesesteak. ;-D
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 am

The other night I made tacos, guacamole and salsa:

Tacos:
1 deli roasted chicken
12 fresh flour tortillas
Kosher salt / fresh black pepper
3 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
1 handful cilantro, chopped
Sour cream

Keep the chicken warm and whole until ready to make the tacos. When ready, remove the bones and skin of the chicken and chop well. Slightly roast the taco shells. This is easiest to do on a gas stove by turning the flame on high, then resting the shell directly on the burner for about five seconds per side, or until they get very slightly blackened on the edges. To assemble the tacos: Make a bed of cabbage in each shell. Add a large spoonful of chicken, taco sauce (recipe follows), guacamole (recipe follows), cheese, cilantro and top with sour cream. Serve immediately.

Taco Sauce:
EVOO
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 large onion, sliced
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3 bay leaves

Saute the garlic and onions in the OO until tender. Add the tomatoes, spices and water, simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and allow sauce to cool, then process in a blender until smooth. Add salt & pepper, correct seasonings.

Guacamole:
6 Hass avocados
4 plum tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 lime
¼ tsp Kosher salt

Smash the garlic and salt with a mortar and pestle to make a paste (or use your thumb and a tablespoon on your cutting board). Remove the avocados from their shell, discarding the pit. Add the garlic paste, onion and cilantro, mash with a wire potato masher until chunky. Stir in the tomatoes, taking care not to over-mix. Squeeze half of lime into the guac, then check for flavor and correct. Serve cold.

Simple Salsa:
1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, reserving the juice
1 small red onion, roughly chopped
1 Serrano chile
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling

Pulse all the ingredients, except the tomato juice, in a food processor. Add the reserved tomato juice if the salsa is too thick. Drizzle salsa with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and set aside, allowing the flavors to marry. (recipe courtesy Tyler Florence)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk