Share your tasty recipes!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Share your tasty recipes!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Share your tasty recipes!!!

Postby eastcoaster » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:41 pm

If you have a bread machine, this is easy and makes a really good, crusty bread that's great for dipping in herbed oil. I just threw one together for tonight (takes 3 1/2 hrs).

Rosemary Bread
In bottom of bread machine pan, put:

1/2 cup milk
1/4 water (heated in microwave with 1 bouillon cube -any kind- until cube dissolves)
1/4 cup EVOO

Add 2 cups all-purpose or bread flour, shaking gently and evenly over liquids below.

Add 1-3 tbsp fresh rosemary, or 1/3 - 1 tbsp dried rosemary, to taste (I used 1 tbsp fresh today). Just snip it into pieces and throw on top of the flour. Make a VERY shallow indentation in the middle of the flour - just a small hollow. Don't go too deep, or you'll reach liquid below.

Put 1 1/2 tsp yeast in the hollow.
Put 1/4 tsp salt carefully into each corner of the pan.

Set the bread machine on quick/regular cycle, small loaf, whatever crust you like.

We'll have this tonight dipped in herb-infused olive oil (easy to make - I just stick some herbs in a bottle and add EVOO), with the grilled salmon and some yellow rice ;-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 pm

eastcoaster wrote: Make a VERY shallow indentation in the middle of the flour - just a small hollow. Don't go too deep, or you'll reach liquid below.

Curious about this part. If the machine is going to mix this all together once you turn it on anyway, what's the difference if I just toss it all in and hit go? That's what I usually do when I make bread...
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:58 pm

knapplc wrote:
eastcoaster wrote: Make a VERY shallow indentation in the middle of the flour - just a small hollow. Don't go too deep, or you'll reach liquid below.

Curious about this part. If the machine is going to mix this all together once you turn it on anyway, what's the difference if I just toss it all in and hit go? That's what I usually do when I make bread...

Hmmm. Good question. I don't know - that's just what the instructions said. I am pretty sure, though, that by putting the yeast in the middle and the salt at the edges...it keeps them separate right at the beginning of the mixing. And if the salt contacts the yeast too soon, then the dough won't rise as well as it would have :-?

But if it works with just throwing it in, then that's even better ;-D

This is a good, dense Italian-type bread, though. Not your standard bread machine white bread.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm

It sounds awesome and I'm definitely going to make it. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Anyone got a good chicken alfredo, or fettucini alfredo recipe that we can use around my way? We've been looking for one.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:24 pm

m16a wrote:Anyone got a good chicken alfredo, or fettucini alfredo recipe that we can use around my way? We've been looking for one.

I just called my grandfather because he was in the restaurant business for a long time and made the best alfredo sauce that I ever tasted but he was out of it and didn't really remember. He's 89 and not in the best of health. The best piece of advice that I can give you is to make sure to add a little parsley to the sauce right before serving. That little bit of color really goes a long way. ;-D
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Share your testy recipes!!!

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:00 pm

This is an adapted recipe from Emeril. It's like something I made a while ago, but I looked and I don't have the recipe anymore.

BAM! wrote:Fettuccini Alfredo with Prosciutto and Peas

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
1 pound fresh fettuccini

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute for a couple minutes or until tender. Add cream and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add prosciutto and peas and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle cheese over top and stir to melt and combine. Cook until heated through.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, add fettuccini and cook until al dente, just a couple minutes for fresh pasta. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add the reserved pasta water and drained fettucini to skillet. Toss to combine pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve, garnished with extra cheese.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:06 pm

How come I just noticed that the title of this thread is weird? :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:14 pm

beanoX3 wrote:How come I just noticed that the title of this thread is weird? :-b

I noticed that earlier to. Thread has been around for weeks and we just notice it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Hammy wrote:Last edited by Metroid on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Met messed with the title. It said "tasty" before.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk