Share your tasty recipes!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Share your tasty recipes!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Share your testy recipes!!!

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:22 pm

knapplc wrote:
Hammy wrote:Last edited by Metroid on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Met messed with the title. It said "tasty" before.

Maybe Met is feeling a bit lonely tonight.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 am

knapplc wrote:This is an adapted recipe from Emeril. It's like something I made a while ago, but I looked and I don't have the recipe anymore.

BAM! wrote:Fettuccini Alfredo with Prosciutto and Peas

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
1 pound fresh fettuccini

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute for a couple minutes or until tender. Add cream and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add prosciutto and peas and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle cheese over top and stir to melt and combine. Cook until heated through.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, add fettuccini and cook until al dente, just a couple minutes for fresh pasta. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add the reserved pasta water and drained fettucini to skillet. Toss to combine pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve, garnished with extra cheese.

Meh. Who am I to argue with Emeril but I am not a fan of the prosciutto, peas, or shallots??
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:03 am

beanoX3 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Hammy wrote:Last edited by Metroid on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Met messed with the title. It said "tasty" before.

Maybe Met is feeling a bit lonely tonight.

man that didn't take you guys long, I was just being goofy. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: Share your tasty recipes!!!

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:54 am

I have this great Clam Chowder recipe, and it's certainly been soup weather the past several days here, so I mixed up a batch and had me a grand meal, plus leftovers over the past coupla days. The only problem is, it's given me the worst-smelling gas I think I've ever had.

Cream + Clams + potatoes + fermenting time in my system = :-P %-6 !+) :-/ :,-( :~( :-o :-°
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 am

knapplc wrote:I have this great Clam Chowder recipe, and it's certainly been soup weather the past several days here, so I mixed up a batch and had me a grand meal, plus leftovers over the past coupla days. The only problem is, it's given me the worst-smelling gas I think I've ever had.

Cream + Clams + potatoes + fermenting time in my system = :-P %-6 !+) :-/ :,-( :~( :-o :-°

Yeah clam chowder makes for some nasty gas. %-6
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am

knapplc wrote:I have this great Clam Chowder recipe, and it's certainly been soup weather the past several days here, so I mixed up a batch and had me a grand meal, plus leftovers over the past coupla days. The only problem is, it's given me the worst-smelling gas I think I've ever had.

How did you like that Toscana recipe I posted that you said you were going to make?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eastcoaster » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:29 am

Wow - get a notification about new posts in the "Tasty Recipes" thread and come in here to read about nasty gas :-P %-6 :-b
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:44 am

knapplc wrote:Cream + Clams + potatoes + fermenting time in my system = :-P %-6 !+) :-/ :,-( :~( :-o :-°

In this equation, all of the smiley faces represented Knapp's bunghole. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Bacon-wrapped Scallops and Shrimp

You'll need:

Wine - whatever you like to have with seafood, the bacon makes it a little heavier than normal
Butter
Shallot
Garlic
Peppercorns
Dill
Parsley
Lemons
Toothpicks soaked in water for 30 minutes or so
Bacon - preferably center cut. Being shorter, they are ideal length when cut in half crosswise
Shrimp - peeled, deveined, tails still on. plan 5 per person
Sea scallops - ask for similarly sized ones; avoid the yellowish ones (no I don't mean bay scallops), plan 5 per person

(Note: amounts listed below were for 10 scallops and 10 shrimpers, serving approx. 2)

1) pour wine into glasses for self and guest(s). sip repeatedly.
2) finely dice garlic and shallot. About a rounded teaspoon of each will do.
3) place garlic and shallot in a microwavable container large enough to hold about a cup or more
4) grind about a half teaspoon or more of peppercorns into garlic and shallot mix
5) add juice of one lemon to mix and roughly half teaspoon each of dill and parsley
6) add butter to mix. I used roughly 4 tablespoons to baste 20 pieces and had plenty leftover
7) nuke. you're melting the butter primarily but also cooking the flavors together. don't scorch. I made the baste about an hour before hand and nuked for 20 seconds periodically to mingle flavors more.
8) while baste is mingling, start your shrimp and scallops thawing, I like to cover them all in cold water and let sit. don't change the water until almost ready to cook, as you want them to thaw in the coldest water possible. Get your broiler or grill going. And isn't broiling just grilling upside down?
9) if not already done, peel and devein shrimp. leave tails intact. place on paper towels, cover with paper towels, blot dry.
10) rinse scallops repeatedly to remove any sand. remove the muscle. the muscle is a small part of meat on the side of the scallop that will look/feel slightly different than the other flesh. just feel/eyeball it. if nothing seems different, the muscle may already be gone. place scallops on paper towels, cover with more, blot dry.
11) now the fun part. slice the bacon in half crosswise. if using center cut, this will yield bacon pieces roughly 3 inches long.
12) grab those toothpicks you've been soaking in water so they won't burn. grab a half slice of bacon. grab a scallop. wrap bacon around scallop. I chose to wrap the bacon around the flat surfaces of the scallop, i.e., the 'top and bottom' of the scallop, instead of wrapping it around it like one would wrap a filet of beef or tenderloin.
13) use a toothpick to secure the bacon. I did not pierce the meat of the seafood. Just try to go thru a meaty part of the loose end of bacon and into another meaty part that is under a wrapped part to anchor it. I was concerned about the slippery bacon coming loose when I turned it during cooking, but out of 20 pieces, that only happened with one. wrap all scallops.
14) Now, the shrimp. Start at the thicker end and wrap towards tail. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon similar to how you did the scallops. It's not rocket science, just use your mad kitchen skillz.
15) Prepare for cooking. I used a broiler since my grill was destroyed. Using a baking pan with a raised wire tray sprayed with Pam, plop all that seafood on the grate. Here's a pick of what they looked like before being basted:

16) brush the butter mixture over each
17) place under broiler. wait roughly 4-5 minutes. cooking times will vary of course. bacon was bubbly and crisped on edges when I turned it.
18) remove pan; turn items and brush more butter mixture on. return to broiler for roughly 4-5 minutes, until bacon is bubbly and crisped again. seafood will all appear cooked. scallops will be white, shrimp will be opaque and the tail shell will be pinked.
19) check for doneness if you're not sure by cutting in to a larger piece. See pic below for visual aid on what they look like when done.
20) divy up on plates. squeeze fresh lemon juice over. enjoy.

Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:43 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Bacon-wrapped Scallops and Shrimp

You'll need:

Wine - whatever you like to have with seafood, the bacon makes it a little heavier than normal
Butter
Shallot
Garlic
Peppercorns
Dill
Parsley
Lemons
Toothpicks soaked in water for 30 minutes or so
Bacon - preferably center cut. Being shorter, they are ideal length when cut in half crosswise
Shrimp - peeled, deveined, tails still on. plan 5 per person
Sea scallops - ask for similarly sized ones; avoid the yellowish ones (no I don't mean bay scallops), plan 5 per person

(Note: amounts listed below were for 10 scallops and 10 shrimpers, serving approx. 2)

1) pour wine into glasses for self and guest(s). sip repeatedly.
2) finely dice garlic and shallot. About a rounded teaspoon of each will do.
3) place garlic and shallot in a microwavable container large enough to hold about a cup or more
4) grind about a half teaspoon or more of peppercorns into garlic and shallot mix
5) add juice of one lemon to mix and roughly half teaspoon each of dill and parsley
6) add butter to mix. I used roughly 4 tablespoons to baste 20 pieces and had plenty leftover
7) nuke. you're melting the butter primarily but also cooking the flavors together. don't scorch. I made the baste about an hour before hand and nuked for 20 seconds periodically to mingle flavors more.
8) while baste is mingling, start your shrimp and scallops thawing, I like to cover them all in cold water and let sit. don't change the water until almost ready to cook, as you want them to thaw in the coldest water possible. Get your broiler or grill going. And isn't broiling just grilling upside down?
9) if not already done, peel and devein shrimp. leave tails intact. place on paper towels, cover with paper towels, blot dry.
10) rinse scallops repeatedly to remove any sand. remove the muscle. the muscle is a small part of meat on the side of the scallop that will look/feel slightly different than the other flesh. just feel/eyeball it. if nothing seems different, the muscle may already be gone. place scallops on paper towels, cover with more, blot dry.
11) now the fun part. slice the bacon in half crosswise. if using center cut, this will yield bacon pieces roughly 3 inches long.
12) grab those toothpicks you've been soaking in water so they won't burn. grab a half slice of bacon. grab a scallop. wrap bacon around scallop. I chose to wrap the bacon around the flat surfaces of the scallop, i.e., the 'top and bottom' of the scallop, instead of wrapping it around it like one would wrap a filet of beef or tenderloin.
13) use a toothpick to secure the bacon. I did not pierce the meat of the seafood. Just try to go thru a meaty part of the loose end of bacon and into another meaty part that is under a wrapped part to anchor it. I was concerned about the slippery bacon coming loose when I turned it during cooking, but out of 20 pieces, that only happened with one. wrap all scallops.
14) Now, the shrimp. Start at the thicker end and wrap towards tail. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon similar to how you did the scallops. It's not rocket science, just use your mad kitchen skillz.
15) Prepare for cooking. I used a broiler since my grill was destroyed. Using a baking pan with a raised wire tray sprayed with Pam, plop all that seafood on the grate. Here's a pick of what they looked like before being basted:

16) brush the butter mixture over each
17) place under broiler. wait roughly 4-5 minutes. cooking times will vary of course. bacon was bubbly and crisped on edges when I turned it.
18) remove pan; turn items and brush more butter mixture on. return to broiler for roughly 4-5 minutes, until bacon is bubbly and crisped again. seafood will all appear cooked. scallops will be white, shrimp will be opaque and the tail shell will be pinked.
19) check for doneness if you're not sure by cutting in to a larger piece. See pic below for visual aid on what they look like when done.
20) divy up on plates. squeeze fresh lemon juice over. enjoy.

you should've waited 4 days.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk