Share your tasty recipes!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Share your tasty recipes!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:09 pm

Dream, do you buy your nacho cheese or make it? If you buy it, what brand do you use?

I make nachos a lot like you just described. I make my cheese sauce, though. Here's my quick and easy cheese sauce:

Melt one/two tablespoons margarine in a medium pot. When it starts to simmer add one tablespoon corn starch. Simmer, stirring constantly until corn starch just starts to give off a nutty aroma. Add "some" milk - not more than half a cup, maybe slightly more than that. Whisk with fork until margarine/corn starch incorporates. Add slices of Velveeta cheese until it gets to the consistency you want. I like mine to be smooth and not runny. If you get it too think you’re going to hate it.

Once you get the cheese sauce made you can add Tabasco or picante or taco sauce – whatever you want to spice it up. Then pour it over your nachos in two stages just like Dream says in his recipe.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 pm

knapplc wrote:Dream, do you buy your nacho cheese or make it? If you buy it, what brand do you use?

I make nachos a lot like you just described. I make my cheese sauce, though. Here's my quick and easy cheese sauce:

Melt one/two tablespoons margarine in a medium pot. When it starts to simmer add one tablespoon corn starch. Simmer, stirring constantly until corn starch just starts to give off a nutty aroma. Add "some" milk - not more than half a cup, maybe slightly more than that. Whisk with fork until margarine/corn starch incorporates. Add slices of Velveeta cheese until it gets to the consistency you want. I like mine to be smooth and not runny. If you get it too think you’re going to hate it.

Once you get the cheese sauce made you can add Tabasco or picante or taco sauce – whatever you want to spice it up. Then pour it over your nachos in two stages just like Dream says in his recipe.

Recently I have bough it(as the kids are getting bigger I will start making it again), I use El Rio.

I will have to get the recipe for making it, couldn't rember off the top of my head :-/ I'll edit once I find it. It is made with velveeta though ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:25 pm

dream_017 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Dream, do you buy your nacho cheese or make it? If you buy it, what brand do you use?

Recently I have bough it(as the kids are getting bigger I will start making it again), I use El Rio.

I will have to get the recipe for making it, couldn't rember off the top of my head :-/ I'll edit once I find it. It is made with velveeta though ;-D

Is it made like mine above where you start out with a white sauce and build up from there? My mom taught me that ages ago. It's one of the most common sauces.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:31 pm

knapplc wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Is it made like mine above where you start out with a white sauce and build up from there? My mom taught me that ages ago. It's one of the most common sauces.

That sound right. I think I got it off the internet, so I will try to look for it.

Looking for a good meatball recipe....never been able to find a good one...maybe its the cook and not the recipe :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:38 pm

This is my award-winning chili “recipe.” I never use a recipe when I make chili, I just dump stuff until it tastes good.

1 lb ground beef
2 46 oz cans of V8 Juice
2 cans Bush’s Best Chili Beans (I use medium)
2 15 1/2 cans Red Kidney Beans

It’s pretty simple – brown the hamburger and drain off any grease. Add V8 and the beans and stir, then add spices. Chili powder is a must, as is garlic powder. I use cumin and coriander too, but go easy on those – just a dusting on the top and stir in, then taste. I made chili last night and used too much cumin and it just dominated everything.

That’s a pretty good base recipe for chili. From there you can add onions, garlic cloves, tomatoes – whatever you desire.

Here’s Abe’s from a thread a while back:
onnestabe wrote:My chili recipe is very simple, but it turns out pretty good:

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can beans (I prefer black beans, but pintos are good too)
a "bunch" of chili powder (I usually just dump a bunch in there, since it helps everything thicken up, and adjust to taste from there)
Hot sauce to taste

That's the base, then you can start adding other stuff - I usually go with some finely chopped peppers and onions - I have been known to go with BBQ sauce on occasion.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:39 pm

Sandrock wrote:Give me the dinner rolls recipe Knapp. I've been trying to find some that are as good as the ones I regularly make.

I'll post it tonight when I get home. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sandrock » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 pm

knapplc wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Give me the dinner rolls recipe Knapp. I've been trying to find some that are as good as the ones I regularly make.

Knapp, where's my tasty dinner rolls recipe? I need it for tomorrow night! :-o
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:38 pm

Sandrock wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Knapp, where's my tasty dinner rolls recipe? I need it for tomorrow night! :-o

Sorry for the wait! This is actually why I'm online instead of making dinner right now...

Dinner Rolls
For the dough:
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons rapid-rise, bread-machine or other instant yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
Vegetable oil for bowl and baking sheet
For the toppings:
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon poppy seeds.
1. In a large bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar. In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter, and place over low heat until milk is lukewarm. Pour into bowl of dry ingredients, and mix with a fork to make a rough dough, adding more flour if necessary.
2. Using a mixer with dough hook, or by hand, knead dough until smooth and silky. Place in an oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
3. Punch air out of dough. Oil a baking sheet, and set aside. Pull off pieces of dough the size of walnuts, and form into round balls. Place on baking sheet almost touching, about 1/4 inch apart, in 6 rows of 5 each. Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425 degrees.
4. When rolls have risen, make a glaze by beating together the egg, milk and salt. Paint rolls with glaze. Sprinkle one row with sesame seeds and the next with poppy seeds; leave the third row plain, and then repeat pattern. (A teaspoon of seeds should decorate 2 rows.)
5. Bake rolls until risen and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack or serve immediately. To serve, place on a plate so rolls can be torn off to be eaten.
Yield: 30 rolls.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Anticipation builder for Grilling With Swiper, Episode 3...

"you've been teased"
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Anticipation builder for Grilling With Swiper, Episode 3...

"you've been teased"

Where can I find these episodes 1 and 2???
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk