Playoff PBC - Patriots v Chargers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Playoff PBC - Patriots v Chargers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:09 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Ouch CKY! What a brutal way to lose. Total BS.

Could be worse though, you're QB could have bobbled the snap on a gimme GW FG. :-o :,-(

Total BS. :-b Keep underestimating them ;-D

Have fun with the avatar CKY. ;-D

Yes, it was total BS. Chargers gave away that game on a silver platter. It's like they were afraid of winning.

Schottenheimer needs to be fired. He has consistently proven that he cannot win in the playoffs, and the ultimate goal of any team is to win Super Bowls. Sorry, but Schottenheimer just can't do that.

That was an ugly game, but in the end, Brady was Brady, and the Pats won. I may hate them, but I have to give them credit for the win.

I see what you are saying about Schottenheimer, but there are so many teams that can't even get to the playoffs, so if he can keep doing that, he will eventually win one by the players playing really well even if he chokes.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:37 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

Could be worse though, you're QB could have bobbled the snap on a gimme GW FG. :-o :,-(

Yes, it was total BS. Chargers gave away that game on a silver platter. It's like they were afraid of winning.

Schottenheimer needs to be fired. He has consistently proven that he cannot win in the playoffs, and the ultimate goal of any team is to win Super Bowls. Sorry, but Schottenheimer just can't do that.

That was an ugly game, but in the end, Brady was Brady, and the Pats won. I may hate them, but I have to give them credit for the win.

I see what you are saying about Schottenheimer, but there are so many teams that can't even get to the playoffs, so if he can keep doing that, he will eventually win one by the players playing really well even if he chokes.

That loss was NOT Marty's fault! everything was good taht game excpet for 1. Parkers double muffed punt 2. Florence's 15 yard foul on 4th down and 3. Mcree's choice to intercet instead of knocking it down on 4th down

I dont see how any of that can be Marty's fault, i do belive that he will be fired, but i dont think that he shold be, at least not for that game

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

That loss was NOT Marty's fault! everything was good taht game excpet for 1. Parkers double muffed punt 2. Florence's 15 yard foul on 4th down and 3. Mcree's choice to intercet instead of knocking it down on 4th down

I dont see how any of that can be Marty's fault, i do belive that he will be fired, but i dont think that he shold be, at least not for that game

Oh he wont be fired for this 'one game' but rather his inability to get it done year in and year out with such a solid team. Marty is completely unable to get it done in the post season. While yesterdays loss falls on many shoulders in San Diego, in the end it falls squarely on his, and rightfully so. Some of his decisions yesterday were just plain idiotic. :-?

In the end is it all his fault? Absolutely not.

Should he be canned? Absolutely.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 am

CKY_ROX wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

First of all, his challenge of that muffed punt cost San Diego a timeout and likely 30 seconds, in which they could've gotten into better position for Kaeding to kick that field goal.

Second, I don't know who this falls on, but LT didn't get near enough touches. He was running all over the Pats all day, and although 25 touches is a fair amount, it isn't anywhere near enough.

Yes, some of the players made some boneheaded decisions, but Marty has to take the blame for this loss.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby quitesanemax » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:58 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Second, I don't know who this falls on, but LT didn't get near enough touches. He was running all over the Pats all day, and although 25 touches is a fair amount, it isn't anywhere near enough.

The only big play that might have changed the game was the fumble after the interception... and maybe challenging the fumble, thus losing the timeout.

LT's stats during the game:

1st half: 14 carries for 79, 1td. (Oh, and 2 catches for 64)
2nd half: 9 carries for 44, 1 td. (actually 10 carries, but one for no gain was called back on a SD penalty)

The fact of the matter is that Belichick is one of the best coaches at making halftime adjustments, and he made some good ones here. Looking at the play by play, it seemed like LT wasn't as effective in the second half, although watching the game, it didn't seem that way... lol. Just when SD thought they were getting the running game going, the Pats would stop LT cold on the next run. But I agree that they should have been trying to run more... especially after the Pats tied it up. In that drive, LT ran for 5 yards on 1st down, and then Rivers gets two incomplete passes. I'm not sure what they were thinking here. That being said, Marty wasn't calling the game. His OC was.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:09 am

Read Bill Simmons article on ESPN today as he writes some things about last wks game.

Great avatar CKY ;-D Hopefully that isnt permanent :-b
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:43 am

quitesanemax wrote:The only big play that might have changed the game was the fumble after the interception... and maybe challenging the fumble, thus losing the timeout.

Yeah, the muffed punt and two defensive personal fouls that extended Patriot drives had nothing to do with it. Sorry New England fan, but the rest of the world is not going to agree that New England took that game by good play. The Chargers gave it away plain and simple. Give Brady credit for the 2 minute offense at the end of each half...other than that, the Patriots were pwned.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby quitesanemax » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Hey, that is a bad disciplined team. Okay, those affected the game as well. But defensively, the Patriots were strong, even though the rushing yards that the Chargers got don't seem to indicate that. And the Patriots did take that game by good playing WHEN IT COUNTED. But I understand that most football fans won't agree with that, because most football fans want to count the Patriots out already.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby loganberries » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Pats fans..........BAG EM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by both teams. Congrats to the Pats on a great season.
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:45 pm

loganberries wrote:Pats fans..........BAG EM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by both teams. Congrats to the Pats on a great season.

This is the SD/Pats PBC. Wrong thred.

No worries though I sent the same message on the right thread.

;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting