Week 19 GC: Seattle @ Chicago - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 19 GC: Seattle @ Chicago

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am

lmcjaho wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Great game by both teams. I knew deep down inside that Chicago would not blow us out like many people thought would happen. I felt we would win, take out some bad calls and maybe we would have had a better chance.

I seriously hope you were implying bad PLAY calls and not trying to blame this on the refs again... :-?

I wouldnt say either team was favored in calls, both teams had equal breaks here or there and there was some weird calls or weird no calls, like that Pass Rex Grossman threw from the pocket to the sideline with no one within 30 yards? lol

but it was an equal and fair game, both teams played till the end.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:33 am

There are bound to be a couple of weird/noncalls in every football game.

I personally think every playoff game I've seen this year has had great officiating. The NFL's change to keep officiating crews together has been a great call. In the past they would hand pick: "The best Umpire from this group, The Best Line Judge from this group..." and that would split up crews that have worked together all season and maybe cause confusion. which it did.

Although I'm no Seahawks fan so...... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:54 am

:-b I love seeing the whiny Seahawks blow it again ;-D

Congrats to the Bears though, the two teams I wanted in the NFC made it ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 am

mrblitz wrote:Chicago 30 Seattle 19

No Curse on this Game!! That means the Bears win the whole thing!! Go BEARS!! ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 am

lmcjaho wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Great game by both teams. I knew deep down inside that Chicago would not blow us out like many people thought would happen. I felt we would win, take out some bad calls and maybe we would have had a better chance.

I seriously hope you were implying bad PLAY calls and not trying to blame this on the refs again... :-?

Sorry, I should have said, take out some bad play calling by Holmgren/Hasselbeck. The refs didn't blow the game for us.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:04 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

Sorry, I should have said, take out some bad play calling by Holmgren/Hasselbeck. The refs didn't blow the game for us.

lol, i was gonna say.....i didnt see much bad reffing....it was a well fought game.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

lol, i was gonna say.....i didnt see much bad reffing....it was a well fought game.

The bad calls or nocalls by the refs didn't cost us this game, unlike the game last year that ended our season. ;-)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:44 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

The bad calls or nocalls by the refs didn't cost us this game, just likethe game last year that ended our season. ;-)

Fixed for truthiness ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:49 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

The bad calls or nocalls by the refs didn't cost us this game, unlike the game last year that ended our season. ;-)

Wow, you're still talking about that? :-t :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:40 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

Wow, you're still talking about that? :-t :-t

I didn't bring it up, lmcjaho did. He hates us "keet" fans and the "keets" themselves. He assumed I was talking about the refs blowing this game, but he was wrong, as always.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting