Week 19 GC: New England @ San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 19 GC: New England @ San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby nameless1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:11 pm

One last thing about LT's postgame reaction: Before you lose any respect for the guy or criticize, actually watch the video (it's on espn's homepage) it was alot less insulting than it was described to be. The statement was taken a little bit out of context and was blown up to be more than it was.
nameless1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mothaudio » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:12 pm

All the finger pointing and sour grapes isn't helpful. We lost. We lost a game that we really should have won. That stinks. If we were simply out-matched that would be easier to handle, but instead I feel we were the better team that found a way to make mistakes we haven't all year long. Does anyone think anyone on either team was trying to lose? No, players were trying to make plays. Obviously there was poor judgement exercized by both Pats and Chargers. In the end we commited more of those errors than they and we know the result. Congrats to the Patriots. I love the Chargers and I will continue support my team. 2007 looks bright from my perspective!
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby APAP » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Indeed, 07 looks very bright for SD. Is there anybody else besides Turner that has a chance to leave???? The Chargers core looks very, very solid and they could be very good for years.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 pm

APAP wrote:Indeed, 07 looks very bright for SD. Is there anybody else besides Turner that has a chance to leave???? The Chargers core looks very, very solid and they could be very good for years.

HUGE mistake if the Chargers let Turner bolt. If I'm Turner I'd want a shot at starting somewhere but I'd much rather have a ring on my finger, I think his best shot at that would be with the Chargers. It will boil down to money however and I'm not sure Spanos will want to pay what Turner wants/deserves. We'll see.

Its been said before but the Chargers could really use a #1 reciever, I'm sure they will address that in the off season. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Red Sox Nation » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 pm

SirDunkALot wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
Crippler wrote:Thats what San Diego gets for employing low-character idiots and paying them millions of dollars when they probably dont have the brains to pass the 5th grade.

4th down and long with an 8 point lead, what do you do as a charger when the ball is thrown your direction? Bat it down and take over posession to pad your lead? NO. Intercept the ball and hit the ground or run out of bounds to virtually put the game away? NO. Of course you intercept the ball and try to run it backfor absolutely no reason, without even protecting the ball. Thats how complete morons lose the season for their team.

3rd and long, you are winning the game and you team has just made a CRUCIAL stop and will get the ball back to take control of the game and pad your lead. What do you do if you have at least a 10 year old's brain? Nothing. What do you do if you're a Charger being paid millions of dollars? You stand up, walk over to a Patriot, and headbutt them for no reason, throwing away your entire season because you had to throw your little tantrum to show everyone what a badass you are.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

I'm glad the Chargers lost, they deserved everything they got.

If you see the ball coming at you and you think you have a chance to run it back for a touchdown, I just don't know how you wouldn't intercept it. It was an unlucky break, but I think any other player in the NFL would have picked it off too as opposed to knocking it down. He threw it right to him, so why not pick it off and try to score? The chances of him fumbling it were slim to none... but he did somehow...

Exactly. You can't fault Marlon McRee. It was a GREAT play by Troy Brown. 1 out of 100 the chances of that happening are slim to none. It's very easy to say, oh "knock it down". I bet all of us would've liked to replay it of that was the case. McRee takes that back to the house, and that's the dagger ala Champ Bailey style. If Mcree takes that back for a pick six, I know none of you are saying, man, he should've fell down.

I mean, it was a freak play. Unfortunately, these things happen. Wrong place at the wrong time.

And did Merriman deserve it? probably. That lights out dance is annoying, btw. With that said, if you don't mind NE doing it, then there's no reason why you should be mad with what LT said. Again, heat of the moment, and they did it basically at midfield.

And again, your lying if you wouldn't have said the same things LT said if that happened to you at your home field.

I am a Patriots fan and I say the INTERCEPTION was the right play. He then should have downed himself. That play by Troy Brown was definitely the play of the postseason, most definitely. How often does that occur? Like 0.0001 percent. The Chargers are just a bunch of show-offs. I do have lots of respect for LT but I could care less about Merriman (since he cheated) and the fact that he was talking s*!t about the Pats last week and the week before and talking about Jason Taylor's inability to reach the playoffs. The shouts of "Lights out!" were to the extreme but it was a weird game, I agree and obviously the Chargers didn't have it to win. They for sure would have won if they had gotten the ball to LT more and not fumbled so much and have all those stupid penalties.
New England Patriots :: 12-4
New Orleans Saints :: 10-6

[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zevon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:02 pm

APAP wrote:Indeed, 07 looks very bright for SD. Is there anybody else besides Turner that has a chance to leave???? The Chargers core looks very, very solid and they could be very good for years.

Donnie Edwards had his live audition for Belichick yesterday.
Smith has made no move whatsoever to re-sign him , and the Bolts will lose their 3 year running leading tackler. N.E. would seem to be a great fit.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zevon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 pm

mothaudio wrote:All the finger pointing and sour grapes isn't helpful. We lost. We lost a game that we really should have won. That stinks. If we were simply out-matched that would be easier to handle, but instead I feel we were the better team that found a way to make mistakes we haven't all year long. Does anyone think anyone on either team was trying to lose? No, players were trying to make plays. Obviously there was poor judgement exercized by both Pats and Chargers. In the end we commited more of those errors than they and we know the result. Congrats to the Patriots. I love the Chargers and I will continue support my team. 2007 looks bright from my perspective!

You just made an incredibly classy statement, one LT coulda been proud of.
I grew up in NE and now live in SD , the Bolts are my second favorite team, actually the only other team I care about beside the Pats.
It was painful to see them implode , even though it benefited my team.
Good luck in the future, the city and it's fine fans such as yourself deserve better.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:12 pm

zevon wrote:

Smith has made no move whatsoever to re-sign him , and the Bolts will lose their 3 year running leading tackler. N.E. would seem to be a great fit.

Personally, I see Donnie wearing a Colts uniform next season. They need defensive help badly, and Donnie is allergic to grass. I think it makes a little more sense on both sides.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Postby APAP » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Donnie Edwards would be a good fit for any team.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby zevon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:39 pm

davidmarver wrote:
zevon wrote:

Personally, I see Donnie wearing a Colts uniform next season. They need defensive help badly, and Donnie is allergic to grass. I think it makes a little more sense on both sides.

Pats will go after him if Seau, Harrison and Caldwell endorse him, they've done pretty well with the Bolts rejects. The LB crew in NE isn't getting any younger.
Indy's a good fit too, I just have no concept as to why the Chargers aren't interested in keeping him. They've made no secret of it and he's been productive despite of it.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting