Gotta love Janurary! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Gotta love Janurary!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gotta love Janurary!

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:58 pm

The last couple days here in Lincoln have been downright COLD! Lows getting into single digits and below zero. The extended forecast looks to be more of the same. Although i hate getting up to a freezing car every morning im pretty syked! Why you ask? Because ice is starting to form on area lakes, thats why! Haven't gotten out ice fishing yet this winter and am dying to get on the ice. Any other crazy iceheads at the FFC? :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:01 pm

There is no ice in Los Angeles. :-t
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Suppose to get a rain/ice/sleet/snow storm here in Maine on Sunday/Monday. Hoping for a snow-day on Tuesday to delay mid-terms. :-o :-P
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gotta love Janurary!

Postby Munboy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:08 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:The last couple days here in Lincoln have been downright COLD! Lows getting into single digits and below zero. The extended forecast looks to be more of the same. Although i hate getting up to a freezing car every morning im pretty syked! Why you ask? Because ice is starting to form on area lakes, thats why! Haven't gotten out ice fishing yet this winter and am dying to get on the ice. Any other crazy iceheads at the FFC? :-b

Same here. There's a ton of snow on the ground and it's been getting down into single digits at night with wind chill dropping it below zero. It's always fun when it gets warm enough to melt the snow a little and then refreezes overnight. This morning, I dropped my daughter off for a children's breakfast at church and I slid right out of the church parking lot (even in a 4 wheel drive suv and pumping the breaks). Luckly, there wasn't any cars coming. :-°

According to weather.com, its 14, feels like 0
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:26 pm

I tried ice fishing once, but it was a spur of the moment type of thing with a few friends, and none of us were prepared at all. Cut a hole in the ice with a kitchen knife and made a pole with a stick and a hook. Didn't catch anything, but had lots of fun shoving each other around on the ice.

I've always wanted to go on a proper ice fishing trip, but a) my friends don't want to and I don't want to go by myself, and b) ice fishing isn't exactly that great in Illinois. Of course ice has to form first around here. Only one snowfall of note so far this winter, and hasn't really been that cold until the last couple days. It's too bad Lake Michigan doesn't exactly freeze up, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:29 pm

Never done it, but I've talked to plenty who have and I'm interested in trying it out sometime. Looks, and sounds, like fun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Ice Fishing has got to be pretty cool. B-) In the area I live in, the rivers and creeks never get quite frozen solid enough. :-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Unless I have a board strapped to the bottom of my feet I dont really want to be out in conditions like that. I like fishing and all but freezing my arse off trying to catch a fish doesnt really appeal to me. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:13 pm

It's been a oddly warm winter in around here, lots of rain, but in the past week it actually snowed and was cold. It all melted though and it's raining again. Really annoying :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 pm

It finally snowed here in Buffalo. ;-D

Call me crazy, but I actually do love the winter

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Next

Return to General Talk