OK tell me again why Andy Reid is great - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

OK tell me again why Andy Reid is great

Moderator: Football Moderators

OK tell me again why Andy Reid is great

Postby EagleFan68 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:20 am

He is the WORST coach in the league at time management and making huge decisions.

He gives the ball away when it is obvious to the entire world that he is not getting it back because his team can't stop the run even if they know where and when the other team is running.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:23 am

I wouldn't say he's the WORST...but that was pretty dumb. The Saints were running the ball on them all game and to think you're D would stop them from getting a first down wasn't the brightest move. :-?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: OK tell me again why Andy Reid is great

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 am

EagleFan68 wrote:He is the WORST coach in the league at time management and making huge decisions.

He gives the ball away when it is obvious to the entire world that he is not getting it back because his team can't stop the run even if they know where and when the other team is running.

Andy is just the coach. And a damn good one. He has nothing to do with stopping the run. The players do. They sucked at it all year. Why would you think things would be different here?

Lets be honest. You guys played well and did some things noone expected but you were not a SB team.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: OK tell me again why Andy Reid is great

Postby Munboy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:31 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:He is the WORST coach in the league at time management and making huge decisions.

Andy is just the coach. And a damn good one. He has nothing to do with stopping the run. The players do. They sucked at it all year. Why would you think things would be different here?

Lets be honest. You guys played well and did some things noone expected but you were not a SB team.

That's just the thing, he is just the coach, but he KNEW they had trouble with the run all game and more importantly during this game. To think that, through some miracle, his D would suddenly stiffen against the run was a :-? move.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:44 am

A coach is only as good as his last game. I bet Eagles fans weren't complaining when he led them to the Super Bowl or 3 straight championship games. Then when they didn't win the Super Bowl in any of those years some people blame the coach instead of blaming the players or giving the other team credit. The Eagles lost to the better team. End of story.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Munboy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:47 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:A coach is only as good as his last game. I bet Eagles fans weren't complaining when he led them to the Super Bowl or 3 straight championship games. Then when they didn't win the Super Bowl in any of those years some people blame the coach instead of blaming the players or giving the other team credit. The Eagles lost to the better team. End of story.

Oh, I dont disagree with you at all. Reid is a good coach and has kept Philly competitive for a long time. I also agree that the better team won. NO overcame timely turnovers to win, and that was on the philly players who were on the field.... but you have to admit, punting the ball away with less than 2 minutes and 2 timeouts (no matter the yards to go) was a bit of a head scratcher move.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:53 am

I don't care if its 4th and 15. You must go for it with just under 2 minutes left in the game. That was an absolutely retarded call by the Eagles.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:00 am

Of all teams to be scared of a 4th and long! Who can forget 4th and 26????

I was perplexed at the decision to punt as well.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 am

Munboy wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:A coach is only as good as his last game. I bet Eagles fans weren't complaining when he led them to the Super Bowl or 3 straight championship games. Then when they didn't win the Super Bowl in any of those years some people blame the coach instead of blaming the players or giving the other team credit. The Eagles lost to the better team. End of story.

Oh, I dont disagree with you at all. Reid is a good coach and has kept Philly competitive for a long time. I also agree that the better team won. NO overcame timely turnovers to win, and that was on the philly players who were on the field.... but you have to admit, punting the ball away with less than 2 minutes and 2 timeouts (no matter the yards to go) was a bit of a head scratcher move.

I totally agree that call was probably stupid and I was surprised that they punted after going for it on 4th & 10 and making it only for it to be called back because of the penalty. But let's say he went for it and didn't make it thus ending the game. Then people would've said he should've punted it and let his defense try to get them the ball back. He's in a lose-lose situation...unless he wins the game.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby benb18a » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:32 am

That call was ridiculous. Oh well, I'm sure he's already back home, sucking down cheesesteak sandwich after cheesesteak sandwich.

:-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting