Draft Pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Draft Pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Pick

Postby ksinghas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:16 am

What direction should we go with our 1st rd pick? I would look to either an interior d lineman, secondary help or maybe a stud LB... any thoughts?
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:43 pm

I think they gotta go defensive back.

Leon Hall from Michigan is projected to go high, as probably the best CB declaring this season and I would love to see him in a Redskins Uni.

Hall isn't a freak of nature athletically but he's one of the best developed CB's and fundamentally sound at an early age. He should make immediate impact and that's exactly what the Skins need with Springs having injury question marks and depth behind him foggy. Hall has also played in quite a fare share of big time games over the past few years being asked to cover 1 on 1 players such as Ted Ginn Jr. of Ohio State in that huge game last season. Even though Ginn had 8 receptions for 100+ yards he was limited to only one huge play a 39 yard TD reception early.

There's also an awesome guy from LSU who is projected very high. Laron Landry safety. (But a safety with the 6th pick?!) The key though is he is a cover safety. Playing opposite Sean Taylor that safety core could have an awesome 1-2 punch. Arch has no place on the Skins team as he is a hard hitting safety much like ST. Arch was asked to do many things he could not last season and it hurt both him and the Redskins. Arch might be gone from the Skins next season even though it would cream them with a heavy cap hit I would love to see them bring in a true cover safety.

Troy Vincent was a midseason fix.

Yeah I've been doing a little rookie research lately... Just a little... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:39 pm

i think they'll go D line DE or DT, gaines adams could be there at the #6 pick, though I like the kid from louisville amobi okoye.

however OLB from penn state wouldn't be bad paul posluszny, definately seems like a gibbs sort of guy.

so it's possible skins trade down and pick up another pick or possibly 2, they'll probably do this cause they don't know what the heck to do with early picks 1st round.

but as history with the v.2 gibbs team and previous he doesn't trust young players right out of the draft, tayor and rogers are exceptions but look at their season it was horrible.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

All worth the pick, and at least one of them should be there for us to take. I would be dissapointed with anyone else. (except MAYBE Leon Hall, but I think he's a little overrated)

Now we could always trade down, and pick up another pick. That would be cool with me too. There are several good DL/LB/DB prtspects available later in the first. Some of them have been mentioned here allready (Okoye, Poluzny, Landry, etc)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Yeah they gotta go D-Line what was I thinking... Can't draft DB's this high in the draft....
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ksinghas » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:36 pm

does anyone know if we have a 2nd and 3rd rd pick this year. seems like we may have got rid of a pick when we got Brandon Loyd. I just cant remember.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:14 am

ksinghas wrote:does anyone know if we have a 2nd and 3rd rd pick this year. seems like we may have got rid of a pick when we got Brandon Loyd. I just cant remember.

no pick after round 1 till round 5 :~(
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 01, 2007 4:57 pm

SniperShot wrote:
There's also an awesome guy from LSU who is projected very high. Laron Landry safety. (But a safety with the 6th pick?!) The key though is he is a cover safety. Playing opposite Sean Taylor that safety core could have an awesome 1-2 punch. Arch has no place on the Skins team as he is a hard hitting safety much like ST. Arch was asked to do many things he could not last season and it hurt both him and the Redskins. Arch might be gone from the Skins next season even though it would cream them with a heavy cap hit I would love to see them bring in a true cover safety.

Wow, not to shabby for being 3 months old. B-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Washington Redskins