Playstation 3 dead or not? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Playstation 3 dead or not?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playstation 3 dead or not?

Postby sox 06 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:25 am

It seemed when the 360 came out, it was all over the news and internet. All of the stuff on the internet/news had things about them not working, the launch day, reviews etc. I also saw a ton of ads for it on TV. But since the PS3 has come out, there has been nothing. I haven't seen 1 ad on TV for PS3 (MAYBE 1 or 2). Is this because it works and people like them or do they not work and they cost a ton so no one is buying them?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Ya I don't PS3 sales are doing great. I don't think Sony has been able put many units on the market though. I believe things should pick up in several months after the price goes down and more games comes out though.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:44 am

I have one and am very satisfied with it. Its truly a remarkable breakthrough in technology. The thing with sony is, they dont seem to adverstise their gaming systems as much as microsoft or nintendo. sony seems to have established a good reputation and i guess they dont feel the need to advertise as much.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:24 pm

I see tons of ads for PS3, but they are mainly advertised with a game, like it will be half and half.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby sox 06 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:16 pm

The first ad I've seen a while I saw today, and it was advertised with a game (can't remember what game though).
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 pm

I was a little suprised that the Wii is creating more buzz than the PS3.

I'm not totally suprised, I'm just a little shocked that the general consumers wisened up. People finally realized it's more about great, fun games than awesome graphics. Seems to me that consumers don't want to dish out $600 for great graphics when they could throw down half that for innovative gameplay.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:57 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I was a little suprised that the Wii is creating more buzz than the PS3.

I'm not totally suprised, I'm just a little shocked that the general consumers wisened up. People finally realized it's more about great, fun games than awesome graphics. Seems to me that consumers don't want to dish out $600 for great graphics when they could throw down half that for innovative gameplay.

I wouldn't say it's cause people don't care about graphics anymore. PS3 had probably the worst launch ever. Sony didn't release enough units so it was near impossible to get. Plus the games that came out of some of the crappiest ever.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I was a little suprised that the Wii is creating more buzz than the PS3.

I wouldn't say it's cause people don't care about graphics anymore. PS3 had probably the worst launch ever. Sony didn't release enough units so it was near impossible to get. Plus the games that came out of some of the crappiest ever.

Yeah the 360 launch seemed like a big deal but the PS3 launch was a bit more watered down probably because there weren't any PS3's to buy.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:12 pm

I've personally played all 3 (ps3, 360, and Wii) and though I'm not usually a nintendo supporter I'm actually partial to the Wii. The gameplay is just incredible. (though I have not played Madden on the Wii). I'm a firm believer in gameplay over graphics and thus far ps3 is lacking as far as gameplay.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Video Games