looking back on yesterday and the season.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

looking back on yesterday and the season....

Moderator: Football Moderators

looking back on yesterday and the season....

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:52 pm

i know expectations were high for us going into the playoffs, but i for one am still very proud of the season we had. to turn around like we did after such a horrible year last year was a thing of beauty. last season was embarrassing...we made a statement this time...even if we didnt win it all.

yesterday we played a great team. its not like we lost to some nobody. the colts could possibly win it all...and in the tough AFC...it was a difficult task no matter who we matched up with. the 4 teams that were left were IMO easily the best in the league.

offensively we had our chances...turnovers really killed us..especially the INT on the one yard line. that one seemed to be the backbreaker. the fumble by heap in the beggining was huge momentum loss also, but that was more of a great defensive play than a sloppy carry so you cant put the blame on heap. mcnair looked uninspired out there. he looked unconfident. im questioning why we only ran behind ogden twice in the entire game. im wondering why mason wasnt more involved. im wondering why jamal only had 3 carries in the second half...and why we consistently threw passes to WRs that were well behind the first down markers on 3rd downs. lots of questionable play calling.

defensively we played awesome. not allowing an offensive powerhouse with peyton manning at the helm to get in the endzone is something to be proud of. add to that the turnovers and how much they were on the field you cant ask for much more. reed and ray played their hearts out. i would have loved to see the refs not blow their whistle on that INT that reed lateralled to mcallister....in the replay i saw a lot of open field.

in the end though...it just didnt seem like our guys were in the game. reed, ray, heap, suggs and jamal looked like they were there to play...the rest were kind of just there. i really expected them to come out amped.

i just dont understand why we have so much trouble on offense. we have the weapons....i just dont get it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indys_time » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 pm

Great game by the Ravens against the Colts. I really thought that if the Ravens beat the Colts then they were on there way to another Super Bowl win. It was close and a great game though. Glad the Colts won against such a quaility opponent.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:25 am

Where in the world was the offense?

To only put up 6 points at home is pretty sad.

The defense played fine I thought- sure they could have scored or done some bigger plays and runback a pick for a TD but overall holding Indy to 15 points was great.

I think there's still a missing piece to that offense, be it a WR or something with the O-Line. I think it'll be time to upgrade one or two of those positions with a big name player in the offseason.

I beleive many from the defense will return and they will play great for at least the 2007 season.

The Ravens really exceeded expectations this season and I have high hopes for next year but this loss will hurt for a while. They were so close.

Plus if they won, they would be hosting the AFC championship and I would have liked their matchup with New England. But oh well!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:52 pm

I think you guys have nothing at all to be ashamed of in the least. The Ravens may not have played their best game on Saturday, but the team really has turned it around in a big way. Last season the Ravens were an afterthought. This season, you were letting everyone know you're back. And that defense is going to be around for a long time, even long after Ray calls it a day. As long as you guys keep bringing in new talent and continue to build upon that defense, you'll be a staple in the playoff chase for years to come.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Image
Haha man almost missed this. Awesome pic... :-b :-b Kinda sums up that day I'd say...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Baltimore Ravens