Oh my god, WOW!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Oh my god, WOW!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Red Sox Nation » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 pm

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BOY!. LET'S GO PATS!!!
New England Patriots :: 12-4
New Orleans Saints :: 10-6

[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:02 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:For next wk: I'll admit, I have zero confidence as a fan going into this game vs the Colts. Their D is on fire and what scares me the most is that Manning hasnt caught on fire. :-o They have two stellar WR's, a great catching TE and two RB's who can control the game. And the game is in the Dome. :-o

I know exactly what you're talking about and it's what is making me think that the Colts really can pull this one off. The biggest difference between this year and years past when they failed is that Peyton Manning is not the one who has to do EVERYTHING for them to win. It is no longer 100% on his shoulders to perform perfectly so that they can just outscore teams....makes you kinda wonder what it would look like if Peyton does end up playing that big game people have been waiting for...
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby APAP » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I know a lot of people including myself bash NE a lot and think that they're a very lucky team at times. I can't talk for everyone else but for me it does come down to jealousy. Look at it from my (Jets fan) point of view. Belichick was supposed to be our coach and he basically quit after having the job for a day. Then he goes to a division rival and wins 3 SB's. And even though I'll always hate him for that I really think he made the right decision for himself because the Pats had a better organization at the time (probably still do) and I don't think he would've had as much success with the Jets. But then again, as a Jets fan I can't help but wonder if we'd have at least 1 SB if Belichick was our coach. He's just that good because he takes teams that look inferior on paper and just finds a way to win. One other thing that I'll never forget is when Mo Lewis injured Bledsoe and Brady became the starter. In a way you can say that Mo Lewis is somewhat responsible for Brady even getting a chance to play! So that's another thing that makes me bitter.

Bottom line is that lucky or not the Pats have won 3 SB's and have been one of the best teams of this decade (if not the best). Don't let all the haters bother you and I for one will stop posting VERY negative things about the Pats. I mean if the Jets even won 1 SB and people said they were lucky...I wouldn't care less! So just keep enjoying the run this team has been having for 6 years or so because we all know it's gotta end sometime. Just ask the 49ers.

So congratulations on finding a way to win another game that was really San Diego's for the taking several times. And even though I'll never ever root for the Pats I have huge respect for what Belichick & Brady have done in the 00's. Man I wish Belichick decided to stay with the Jets! :~(

Very sincerely,

FNJ

Very, very good post and refreshing to hear ;-D I'm sure many other Pats fans would really appreicate this. I'm starting to feel like what a Yankee fan probably feels like (damn I just compared myself to a Yankee fan :-P)
Last edited by APAP on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 pm

mattb47 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:For next wk: I'll admit, I have zero confidence as a fan going into this game vs the Colts. Their D is on fire and what scares me the most is that Manning hasnt caught on fire. :-o They have two stellar WR's, a great catching TE and two RB's who can control the game. And the game is in the Dome. :-o

I know exactly what you're talking about and it's what is making me think that the Colts really can pull this one off. The biggest difference between this year and years past when they failed is that Peyton Manning is not the one who has to do EVERYTHING for them to win. It is no longer 100% on his shoulders to perform perfectly so that they can just outscore teams....makes you kinda wonder what it would look like if Peyton does end up playing that big game people have been waiting for...

Of course the Colts CAN pull it off, anything can happen it is just a matter of whether they WILL pull it off. Also, I know their D has been good the last 2 wks and that their passing D was pretty good the whole season, but so far in the playoffs they haven't played a QB anywhere near as good as Brady. Lets see them stop the run when they actually have to worry about defending the pass.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warhawk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:42 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:You are guna stop posting such anti-pats stuff FNJ? I'll believe it when I see it. And with what you were saying with Brady getting his chance, you are 100% right, but that is how not only football but a lot of things in life work. Someone gets their chance and takes advantage of it. I don't generally like to bring up commercials but I will here. Have you seen the Tiki Barber one where he is referring to chances and such? That is fairly accurate. And the Bellichek gonig to the Pats instead of the Jets...yeah it sucks for you, but that isn't the only time in sports something like that has happened.

This coming from the guy who's trolling the Indy board? :-?
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:17 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Of course the Colts CAN pull it off, anything can happen it is just a matter of whether they WILL pull it off. Also, I know their D has been good the last 2 wks and that their passing D was pretty good the whole season, but so far in the playoffs they haven't played a QB anywhere near as good as Brady. Lets see them stop the run when they actually have to worry about defending the pass.

You mean kinda like what they did in week 9 of the regular season in New England where they picked Brady off 4 times?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to New England Patriots