I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Finally after a year and half of hashing it out with the lawyers, my divorce came through - just got it in the mail today - finally free of my money squandering, adulterous wife!!! Damn thing cost me almost $5,000 but worth every penny! Unfortunately also cost me my house and acreage and a lot of money the past few years (prob out about $200,000+ altogether) - just living in a tiny house with my two boys now but at least I have them!

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Congrats stomperrob - I'm sure it's finality is a load off your mind! I remember the euphoric feeling I felt when my first (and only) divorce was final.

Did you get full custody of your boys?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:49 pm

The_Captain wrote:Congrats stomperrob - I'm sure it's finality is a load off your mind! I remember the euphoric feeling I felt when my first (and only) divorce was final.

Thanks. I had to agree to split custody 50/50, but our 15 year old prefers to be here most of the time so the ex doesn't mind, and since I'm retired and the ex works, I have the 4 year most of the time and even when she's off she doesn't ask to see him very often even though she lives 3 blocks away. I gambled and won - a custody fight would have cost around $20,000 and there's no guarantee I would have won - I told the lawyer to just go with the 50/50 (which prob would have happened anyway even with a fight) because I knew having the children would interfere with her lifestyle and it turned out I was right - but had I fought her, she would have demanded the kids just to get back at me. So, as it turns out the kids are with me about 90% of the time (but she has her family convinced she's this doting mother who's always doing things with the kids - even her answering machine message has the kids names as though they live there for when her family phones).
And yeh, it is a great feeling and a load off my mind that's it finally over!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 pm

Congrats.

So, should people get married?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Congrats.

Yeh, marriage is a good institution - if you're ready for an institution! ;-) :-D

That was number 2 for me - don't know if I'd risk it a 3rd time - my 4 year old is the most important thing in my life - if it wasn't perfect for him, it wouldn't be right for me - otherwise I would wait until he was grown up.
stomperrob

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 pm

stomperrob wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Congrats stomperrob - I'm sure it's finality is a load off your mind! I remember the euphoric feeling I felt when my first (and only) divorce was final.

Thanks. I had to agree to split custody 50/50, but our 15 year old prefers to be here most of the time so the ex doesn't mind, and since I'm retired and the ex works, I have the 4 year most of the time and even when she's off she doesn't ask to see him very often even though she lives 3 blocks away. I gambled and won - a custody fight would have cost around $20,000 and there's no guarantee I would have won - I told the lawyer to just go with the 50/50 (which prob would have happened anyway even with a fight) because I knew having the children would interfere with her lifestyle and it turned out I was right - but had I fought her, she would have demanded the kids just to get back at me. So, as it turns out the kids are with me about 90% of the time (but she has her family convinced she's this doting mother who's always doing things with the kids - even her answering machine message has the kids names as though they live there for when her family phones).
And yeh, it is a great feeling and a load off my mind that's it finally over!

She sounds like my brother's ex-wife. With no intention of hijacking your "Thank God it' over thread" my brother just went through the same thing. My nephew is better off with my brother than he is with is.....mother, but she would have fought him if he bucked her for sole custody.

My nephew is 4 and is struggling to understand the divorce so hopefully your 4 year old will not have any issues.

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Congrats.

:-b - are you on the verge of getting married?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:03 pm

^ No, but I always ask
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:43 pm

Congrats. You must feel like a new man. Hope things continue to get better for you. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:45 pm

At least you did better than Michael Strahan.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:51 pm

The_Captain wrote:My nephew is 4 and is struggling to understand the divorce so hopefully your 4 year old will not have any issues.

So far no problems - one thing that seems to help is that we have 2 grown daughters that don't live at home - so because he has 2 sisters that don't live at home, he doesn't seem to think it's strange that mommy doesn't live at home. And at my 15 year old son's hockey games, the ex and I will often sit together with the little one.
stomperrob

Next

Return to General Talk