I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:02 pm

Man that must be a good feeling! May there be clear skies from here on Rob.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:23 pm

Glad to hear it's over and that things worked out OK for you and your boys Rob. Best of luck to you all in the future! ;-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:12 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:Glad to hear it's over and that things worked out OK for you and your boys Rob. Best of luck to you all in the future! ;-D


I concur! ;-D

Remind me to never get married. Seems like too much of a hassle even if I think I've found a nice girl. :,-( I don't want to get divorced if I ever do it, and these days it's just too prevalent.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:56 am

Congrats stomper! ;-D


That reminds me of this:

Why do divorces cost so much? Because they're worth it! :-b
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:50 am

Divorce is unfortunate, but in your case it appears it may be a blessing. An unattentive, uncaring, and negligent parent is a harmful parent. And it seems like you thought everything through for the wellbeing of your children. Kudos to you for that. Stay well stomper and don't let the kids see how you really feel. They'll figure out the truth sooner than later, if they don't already.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 am

Congrats, Stomper. I remember the thread where you talked about finding out about your ex's infidelity. That was tough to read, and I really felt bad for you. Divorce is never fun, but I'm glad for you and your boys that it's done and over with.

I hope you're not turned off on the idea of marriage forever. It sounds like you've had some bad "luck," but maybe in the future it won't be like that for you. You never know. I know you'll do what's best for your boys, especially that little guy. ;-D








For anyone else contemplating marriage, just remember that people change. That girl you are so head-over-heels in love with today won't be the same person tomorrow. They change, you change, and your life circumstances change. Sometimes those changes are really bad, like the changes that (apparently) happened to Stomper's ex, and sometimes they’re for the better.

My wife and I have been married for 15 years now. We’ve changed a LOT in those 15 years, not the least because we were so young when we got married. Interests change, personalities change, life happens around you, and our relationship today isn’t at all what it was back then. But if you’re both committed to the marriage, it’ll work out. So Chrisy, Mercer – don’t write off the idea of marriage because some people get divorced.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:38 am

knapplc wrote:
For anyone else contemplating marriage, just remember that people change. That girl you are so head-over-heels in love with today won't be the same person tomorrow. They change, you change, and your life circumstances change. Sometimes those changes are really bad, like the changes that (apparently) happened to Stomper's ex, and sometimes they’re for the better.

My wife and I have been married for 15 years now. We’ve changed a LOT in those 15 years, not the least because we were so young when we got married. Interests change, personalities change, life happens around you, and our relationship today isn’t at all what it was back then. But if you’re both committed to the marriage, it’ll work out. So Chrisy, Mercer – don’t write off the idea of marriage because some people get divorced.


Good post. I think people especially change during their early to mid twenties, so if you wait a little longer I think people have a little better idea of who they are, who they want their significant other to be and what they want out of life. In other words, don't rush it. There's a reason why the divorce rate gets lower the longer you wait to get married.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
For anyone else contemplating marriage, just remember that people change. That girl you are so head-over-heels in love with today won't be the same person tomorrow. They change, you change, and your life circumstances change. Sometimes those changes are really bad, like the changes that (apparently) happened to Stomper's ex, and sometimes they’re for the better.

My wife and I have been married for 15 years now. We’ve changed a LOT in those 15 years, not the least because we were so young when we got married. Interests change, personalities change, life happens around you, and our relationship today isn’t at all what it was back then. But if you’re both committed to the marriage, it’ll work out. So Chrisy, Mercer – don’t write off the idea of marriage because some people get divorced.


Good post. I think people especially change during their early to mid twenties, so if you wait a little longer I think people have a little better idea of who they are, who they want their significant other to be and what they want out of life. In other words, don't rush it. There's a reason why the divorce rate gets lower the longer you wait to get married.


Sweet! Thats good to hear. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

knapplc wrote:Congrats, Stomper. I remember the thread where you talked about finding out about your ex's infidelity. That was tough to read, and I really felt bad for you. Divorce is never fun, but I'm glad for you and your boys that it's done and over with.

I hope you're not turned off on the idea of marriage forever. It sounds like you've had some bad "luck," but maybe in the future it won't be like that for you. You never know. I know you'll do what's best for your boys, especially that little guy. ;-D


Thanks for that - the support around here is always great! And thanks to everyone else too. ;-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Tiki » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:25 pm

Well, now you can move on be smooth once again. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:11 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact