Mid Terms Stink - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Mid Terms Stink

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:56 pm

sox 06 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I kinda like them, they are stressful, but I am a very good test taker if that's what you wanna call it, as far as I'm concerned if you're a bad test taker, you don't prepare enough, no offense, but anyways I like them cause that 10%-20% rocks for bringin' up the gpa.

I'm not a horrible test taker, I'm just not a great one either. I'm a sophomore in high school and until last quarter, I made the honor roll every single time since 1st grade (B or higher in every class). I don't suck at tests I'm just not that great at them.
two things about what I bolded, one I too am a sophomore...and high school sucks, I can't wait till college...and you spelled sophomore wrong, so I fixed it mr. honor roll student. :-b I'm just messin' with ya.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I kinda like them, they are stressful, but I am a very good test taker if that's what you wanna call it, as far as I'm concerned if you're a bad test taker, you don't prepare enough, no offense, but anyways I like them cause that 10%-20% rocks for bringin' up the gpa.

I'm not a horrible test taker, I'm just not a great one either. I'm a sophomore in high school and until last quarter, I made the honor roll every single time since 1st grade (B or higher in every class). I don't suck at tests I'm just not that great at them.
two things about what I bolded, one I too am a sophomore...and high school sucks, I can't wait till college...and you spelled sophomore wrong, so I fixed it mr. honor roll student. :-b I'm just messin' with ya.

:-b thanks ;-D . I'm not bloating it's just evidence that although I'm not great at tests, I don't bomb them every time. ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:44 pm

josebach wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:
josebach wrote:
moonhead wrote:they don't suck as much as work does.


Speaking of which, are you back to being able to post a lot during work?


some, depending on the call volume. :~(


Do you answer phones for Dell? What exactly do you do? I thought everyone who answered a Dell hot line was in India. :-t

nah, we're stateside, bro. the people in india is tech support. go figure. anyway, i'm a sales rep. so i talk to a bunch of jerks with no money and no way to pay for a computer...but that doesn't seem to deter them from calling me, wasting my time, and making my numbers look like crap. ;-)


I may buy a Dell this summer or fall once the dx10 video cards come down in price. If I decide to go with Dell, you'll have to give me your extension so you can get the commission (or at least boost your numbers if you guys don't work on commission).


cool man. just shoot me a pm and we can hash out the details. ;-D
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:05 pm

moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:
josebach wrote:
moonhead wrote:they don't suck as much as work does.


Speaking of which, are you back to being able to post a lot during work?


some, depending on the call volume. :~(


Do you answer phones for Dell? What exactly do you do? I thought everyone who answered a Dell hot line was in India. :-t

nah, we're stateside, bro. the people in india is tech support. go figure. anyway, i'm a sales rep. so i talk to a bunch of jerks with no money and no way to pay for a computer...but that doesn't seem to deter them from calling me, wasting my time, and making my numbers look like crap. ;-)


Thats weak sauce, I was hoping for an inside connection. :-b

Every time I've called tech support I'm on hold FOREVER and when I finally get a living breathing person I can hardly understand what the hell they're saying. :-t

The power cord got cut on my dads computer(dont ask how) anyway I called to order a new one and my god what a hassle! I was on the phone getting bounced around from one person I couldn't understand to the next, finally after like two hours I have them sending me a cord. So a few days later the cord arrives and guess what? ITS A POWER CORD EXTENSION! I'm on the phone over an hour again and long story short a few days later I get my cord. They were nice enough to let me have the power cord extension free of charge.....gee thanks. :-b

BTW I forgot to mention the little 15 second dell jingle that repeats over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over again......I wanted to rip my friggin ears off. :-#
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby CC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:13 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I kinda like them, they are stressful, but I am a very good test taker if that's what you wanna call it, as far as I'm concerned if you're a bad test taker, you don't prepare enough, no offense, but anyways I like them cause that 10%-20% rocks for bringin' up the gpa.

I'm not a horrible test taker, I'm just not a great one either. I'm a sophomore in high school and until last quarter, I made the honor roll every single time since 1st grade (B or higher in every class). I don't suck at tests I'm just not that great at them.
two things about what I bolded, one I too am a sophomore...and high school sucks, I can't wait till college...and you spelled sophomore wrong, so I fixed it mr. honor roll student. :-b I'm just messin' with ya.


High school is awesome, the work isn't very difficult and you can basically slack off for the first three years and turn it on in Gr. 12 and go where you want.

University is better, but high school is still wicked.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:52 am

CC wrote:High school is awesome, the work isn't very difficult and you can basically slack off for the first three years and turn it on in Gr. 12 and go where you want.

University is better, but high school is still wicked.


Actually, most universities look at your Sophomore and Junior years the most. I'm a senior in high school and this is the end of my first semester.... I've already been accepted to the university I'm going to go to and all I have to do is keep straight C's until the rest of the year.

Of course, this ends up being the first semester in high school where I'll end up getting straight A's. Go figure.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3076
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:30 am

Popcynical wrote:
CC wrote:High school is awesome, the work isn't very difficult and you can basically slack off for the first three years and turn it on in Gr. 12 and go where you want.

University is better, but high school is still wicked.


Actually, most universities look at your Sophomore and Junior years the most. I'm a senior in high school and this is the end of my first semester.... I've already been accepted to the university I'm going to go to and all I have to do is keep straight C's until the rest of the year.

Of course, this ends up being the first semester in high school where I'll end up getting straight A's. Go figure.


Junior year seems to be the most important year college wise here in the Nebraska. When i applied to UNL they of course wanted a complete transcript but they were most concerned with my class rank and gpa in my junior year. As long as i dont flunk out this year I'll be alright.

BTW high school gets much better junior and senior year. There is a lot more independence and i've made some really good friends the last two years.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:32 am

Trying having one exam that determines your whole grade and that exam is 3 hours and consists of 2-3 essays that require you to remember the whole semester.

This semester i have all my exams one day after another ending on May 4th, i will be very drunk that evening to say the least
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 am

Yes... they pretty much do.

But I'd take them over finals any day of the week.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Got my Calculus and AP lit finals done today! wooot! ;-D
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:05 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact