Mid Terms Stink - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mid Terms Stink

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I kinda like them, they are stressful, but I am a very good test taker if that's what you wanna call it, as far as I'm concerned if you're a bad test taker, you don't prepare enough, no offense, but anyways I like them cause that 10%-20% rocks for bringin' up the gpa.

I'm not a horrible test taker, I'm just not a great one either. I'm a sophomore in high school and until last quarter, I made the honor roll every single time since 1st grade (B or higher in every class). I don't suck at tests I'm just not that great at them.
two things about what I bolded, one I too am a sophomore...and high school sucks, I can't wait till college...and you spelled sophomore wrong, so I fixed it mr. honor roll student. :-b I'm just messin' with ya.
Highschool is fun for the most part I can't wait to be done in about 2 months!! Cause 3rd Tri is gunna be a joke, but I am gunna miss a lot people though. Plus, drinking with highschool girls is just straight funny. :-b B-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:52 pm

I got into my college so I dont care about these midterms... haha. I love being a senior!
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:56 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Trying having one exam that determines your whole grade and that exam is 3 hours and consists of 2-3 essays that require you to remember the whole semester.

This semester i have all my exams one day after another ending on May 4th, i will be very drunk that evening to say the least
that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

got in a big fight with my dad last night, report cards came, I got an A on my final in english 2, yet, I failed, first time this has ever happened, as a matter of fact, this is my first grade lower than a B, but it's wierd because I almost don't care, it's ridiculous. I mean isn't the point of going to class to learn? well by making homework 75% of the grade, noone has to learn anything, you just look through the book for answers, then 2 seconds later you forget them, yet you are guaranteed a C in the class, yet if you ace the final, the only true test of the class, you can still fail...I'm dumbfounded.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Trying having one exam that determines your whole grade and that exam is 3 hours and consists of 2-3 essays that require you to remember the whole semester.

This semester i have all my exams one day after another ending on May 4th, i will be very drunk that evening to say the least
that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

got in a big fight with my dad last night, report cards came, I got an A on my final in english 2, yet, I failed, first time this has ever happened, as a matter of fact, this is my first grade lower than a B, but it's wierd because I almost don't care, it's ridiculous. I mean isn't the point of going to class to learn? well by making homework 75% of the grade, noone has to learn anything, you just look through the book for answers, then 2 seconds later you forget them, yet you are guaranteed a C in the class, yet if you ace the final, the only true test of the class, you can still fail...I'm dumbfounded.

I've always cared about doing well in school and I still do. But it seems like I don't care as much anymore about it or if I get a bad grade. When I get a bad grade it's kind of like oh well, I'll try to do better next time, and I kind of shrug it off.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:33 pm

sox 06 wrote:

I've always cared about doing well in school and I still do. But it seems like I don't care as much anymore about it or if I get a bad grade. When I get a bad grade it's kind of like oh well, I'll try to do better next time, and I kind of shrug it off.

that is what i feel like also, and the main reason is because my mom is just so freaking over obsessive about it, that i feel like at this point instead of doing it for myself, im doing it for her, and that isnt really what i want it to be like, but it is. she actually went through my shit today, then when she heard me coming upstairs, ran out of my room, and i asked her what she was doing and she blatently lied to me about it. a fight followed, and a ton of stress was added to a situation where there is already a lot because of studying for a final for tmrw.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

that is what i feel like also, and the main reason is because my mom is just so freaking over obsessive about it, that i feel like at this point instead of doing it for myself, im doing it for her, and that isnt really what i want it to be like, but it is. she actually went through my shit today, then when she heard me coming upstairs, ran out of my room, and i asked her what she was doing and she blatently lied to me about it. a fight followed, and a ton of stress was added to a situation where there is already a lot because of studying for a final for tmrw.

I don't know. For me I go to an all guys private school and everyone is really competitive. Every gets amazing marks (like 50%+ get above 82-83%). I'm kinda inherently lazy and don't really care that much about school but I feel kinda obligated to work hard cause everyone else does so damn well.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:49 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

I agree with you Guru, that's just ridiculous. Homework shouldn't be anymore than 30% of your grade. The point of school is to learn, and if you get A's and B's on all of your test's, you obviously know what you need to know, so you shouldn't fail due to a stupid grading system.

As for me, I care about school and do well, but always wait until the last minute to do homework and projects. I have to ask myself if I want to have fun now, or have fun later. I usually pick now. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:18 pm

ONE MORE TEST TO GO TOMORROW! ;-D :-) :-° It's a biology test and I've heard from people who have taken it that it has 150 questions on it. 8-o Those are mostly multiple choice and fill in the blanks though, and we get a cheat sheet. :-° ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:15 am

I'm done now. ;-D :-°
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:26 pm

eagles21 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

I agree with you Guru, that's just ridiculous. Homework shouldn't be anymore than 30% of your grade. The point of school is to learn, and if you get A's and B's on all of your test's, you obviously know what you need to know, so you shouldn't fail due to a stupid grading system.

As for me, I care about school and do well, but always wait until the last minute to do homework and projects. I have to ask myself if I want to have fun now, or have fun later. I usually pick now. :-b

What is that teacher thinking? Homework is not supposed to be a very major part of the grading system in high school... the point of it is for practice to get you ready for what you will be doing in class with tests/quizzes/projects. 75 percent of your grade being HW is terrible on the teachers part.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk