Mid Terms Stink - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mid Terms Stink

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
eagles21 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

got in a big fight with my dad last night, report cards came, I got an A on my final in english 2, yet, I failed, first time this has ever happened, as a matter of fact, this is my first grade lower than a B, but it's wierd because I almost don't care, it's ridiculous. I mean isn't the point of going to class to learn? well by making homework 75% of the grade, noone has to learn anything, you just look through the book for answers, then 2 seconds later you forget them, yet you are guaranteed a C in the class, yet if you ace the final, the only true test of the class, you can still fail...I'm dumbfounded.

I agree with you Guru, that's just ridiculous. Homework shouldn't be anymore than 30% of your grade. The point of school is to learn, and if you get A's and B's on all of your test's, you obviously know what you need to know, so you shouldn't fail due to a stupid grading system.

As for me, I care about school and do well, but always wait until the last minute to do homework and projects. I have to ask myself if I want to have fun now, or have fun later. I usually pick now. :-b

What is that teacher thinking? Homework is not supposed to be a very major part of the grading system in high school... the point of it is for practice to get you ready for what you will be doing in class with tests/quizzes/projects. 75 percent of your grade being HW is terrible on the teachers part.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe I missed something... but if you're getting A's and B's on the tests, having the final grade as 75% homework shouldn't be a big deal - since y'know... homework is an easy grade. Eh.

I never worried about high school mid-terms... never worried about much of anything in high school.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Just wait until you get to college you'll be wishing you had those free homework points back. 75% is quite a large portion for homework but it's teaching you to do it. In high school I could do nearly nothign and still pull off good test grades, in college if you don't do anything no one will care but come test time you won't be prepared.

you may feel like homework is pointless now but soon you'll have to do it to get by.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:04 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
eagles21 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:that would be freakin' amazing, maybe not all on the same day, but the idea is brilliant. ;-D

got in a big fight with my dad last night, report cards came, I got an A on my final in english 2, yet, I failed, first time this has ever happened, as a matter of fact, this is my first grade lower than a B, but it's wierd because I almost don't care, it's ridiculous. I mean isn't the point of going to class to learn? well by making homework 75% of the grade, noone has to learn anything, you just look through the book for answers, then 2 seconds later you forget them, yet you are guaranteed a C in the class, yet if you ace the final, the only true test of the class, you can still fail...I'm dumbfounded.

That is weird, the most HW has ever counted for me is 20%.

I agree with you Guru, that's just ridiculous. Homework shouldn't be anymore than 30% of your grade. The point of school is to learn, and if you get A's and B's on all of your test's, you obviously know what you need to know, so you shouldn't fail due to a stupid grading system.

As for me, I care about school and do well, but always wait until the last minute to do homework and projects. I have to ask myself if I want to have fun now, or have fun later. I usually pick now. :-b

What is that teacher thinking? Homework is not supposed to be a very major part of the grading system in high school... the point of it is for practice to get you ready for what you will be doing in class with tests/quizzes/projects. 75 percent of your grade being HW is terrible on the teachers part.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk