Offseason Transfers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Offseason Transfers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Offseason Transfers

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:42 pm

This is a thread for players who transfer this offseason.

The first is a notable one. Mitch Mustain. We all remember his high school coach being given the O-Coordinator job at Arkansas and then him signing there last year. Well, now his HS coach has left for Tulsa and Mustain has also asked to transfer. Houston Nutt, the Razorbacks Head Coach, has granted Mustain his release. Mustain has not stated any schools he is considering. He also went 8-0 as the starter this year at Arkansas.

Story: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2733190
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 am

And people tried to say they didn't just get that HS coach for the recruits...

He leaves, and both the guys who played ball for him in HS transfer as well. I think we can all put 2 and 2 together.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 am

Damian Williams was the other Arkansas player who transferred to USC.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 am

Should we consider this the Arkansas Team Thread? ;-7
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm

Mustain is an idiot for leaving. His mom and some of the other parents had a meeting with the AD during the season to talk about the job Houstun Nutt was doing. Its ridiculous that the AD even listened to them about what the coach should be doing and playing. Same with Josh Portis's mom who said that he should be starting over Leak and he transferred to UM.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:29 pm

Wide receiver Nyan Boateng will transfer from Florida to Cal.
Boateng has already registered for classes and will be eligible to play in 2008. He was a five-star recruit out of high school, but never lived up to his potential at Florida. A fresh start might be exactly what he needs. He hopes to play both football and basketball at Cal.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:47 pm

More on Mustain:

The Oklahoman is reporting that former Arkansas QB Mitch Mustain will visit the University of Oklahoma on Thursday.

We still think Mustain will wind up at Tulsa with his former high school coach Gus Malzahn, but Mustain wants to make sure he makes the correct decision this time. Jan. 18 - 1:54 pm et
Source: The Oklahoman

If i was Mustain i would go to OK over Tulsa. Thats great that he wants to be w/his HS coach, but OK offers way more potential to shine
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:01 am

Quite a journey for mister Willie Williams. I'm sure we all remember his exciting recruiting visit in Gainesville before he signed with UM. There were two incidents where he pleaded no contest during his three day visit. Apparently he was released from Miami after last season (something I wasn't even aware of) and has been playing at JuCo in California. Now he is transferring to Louis and should start for them next year IMO at OLB.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2742623
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:16 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Quite a journey for mister Willie Williams. I'm sure we all remember his exciting recruiting visit in Gainesville before he signed with UM. There were two incidents where he pleaded no contest during his three day visit. Apparently he was released from Miami after last season (something I wasn't even aware of) and has been playing at JuCo in California. Now he is transferring to Louis and should start for them next year IMO at OLB.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2742623

He was released from UM b/c he wasn't very good and the other LB were starting over from hi and he was pissed he wasn't starting.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 pm

Antwine Perez (top 30 prospect last year) from USC is transferring to Maryland or possibly Michigan.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football