Offseason Transfers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Offseason Transfers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Quite a journey for mister Willie Williams. I'm sure we all remember his exciting recruiting visit in Gainesville before he signed with UM. There were two incidents where he pleaded no contest during his three day visit. Apparently he was released from Miami after last season (something I wasn't even aware of) and has been playing at JuCo in California. Now he is transferring to Louis and should start for them next year IMO at OLB.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2742623

He was released from UM b/c he wasn't very good and the other LB were starting over from hi and he was pissed he wasn't starting.

Not sure what Kragthorpe is thinking taking on this case.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:57 pm

CC wrote:Antwine Perez (top 30 prospect last year) from USC is transferring to Maryland or possibly Michigan.

That hurts a bit for USC. Theyre bringing in some talented DB's though, so I imagine this move wont hurt TOO much.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Quite a journey for mister Willie Williams. I'm sure we all remember his exciting recruiting visit in Gainesville before he signed with UM. There were two incidents where he pleaded no contest during his three day visit. Apparently he was released from Miami after last season (something I wasn't even aware of) and has been playing at JuCo in California. Now he is transferring to Louis and should start for them next year IMO at OLB.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2742623

He was released from UM b/c he wasn't very good and the other LB were starting over from hi and he was pissed he wasn't starting.

Yeah, basically he thought he should be handed a starting job and didn't want to earn it. He left on his own wishes. Didn't get in any trouble at UM just wanted things handed to him.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Related Links:

Robert Marve bio
Video highlights
Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School QB Robert Marve spent over three hours with new Cane offensive coordinator Patrick Nix tonight.

And Nix scored big with the highly rated quarterback.

So much so that Marve says he will be decommitting from Alabama, something he hadn't done to this point.

"I'm not an Alabama commitment anymore -- I'm going to inform their coaches that right now," Marve said. "Miami's definitely passed to the front, I'll say that. But (my family) has to talk more."

If UM remains his frontrunner for six more days the Canes will get his official nod of approval at a press conference Wednesday.

The time of the press conference has not yet been determined.

Marve is leaving for an official visit to Hawaii tomorrow and won't return until late Monday night.

His final three consists of UM, Hawaii and Alabama.

And Nix may prove to be the clincher for the Canes.

"It went really, really well today," Marve said of Nix's visit. "He watched my highlight film with me, just said he really liked a lot of stuff, said my arm was really strong, that I keep my eyes down the field and make plays with my feet, said I could help with the offense in Miami.

"He's a personable guy that cares about players, a religious guy who cares – it's not just a job to him."

Marve says the Nix visit "helps Miami a lot. I love the whole coaching staff at Miami, the area of Miami. [Nix] is a guy I like who can help Miami's offense. I don't think the offense has been bad. I think it's just been some things here and there that have gone wrong."

Marve says he questioned Nix on the type of offense he will run at Miami.

"I think the offense will be really balanced," Marve said. "He wants to get the running attack down and throw the ball down the field, a pro-style offense.

"He answered all the questions and my parents really liked him."

Marve's high school coach, Robert Weiner, was in the meetings with the Nix family.

His take?

"It went really well," he said. "I got a chance to get some time with coach Nix and (Joe) Pannunzio. I talked about some concerns I had. His parents then came and asked some questions. Then the parents talked with Pannunzio while Robert, coach Nix and myself got down to talking some good football for about an hour. It was a great visit."

Weiner said Nix was very impressive throughout his time in Tampa.

"He is a knowledgeable football coach and, most importantly to Robert, his family and me –- it was important to establish a relationship with him because Robert will be spending most of his time with coach Nix (if Marve chooses Miami)," Weiner said. "I think (Nix is) a quality, quality human being and coach. Before (the visit by Nix) there was still an unknown factor about Miami. There were questions Robert needed to get answered. Now Robert got them answered."

Good news for you Vader
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:55 pm

I already told ya it's a done deal. Word has it he makes his choice offical on Tuesday. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:15 am

I really hope mustain doesn't go to tulsa. A friend of mine has a chance to start at qb there if mustain doesn't go. The qb that was their starter this year was a senior right?
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to College Football