Germany or Florida 1/17/07 - ANSWERED! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Germany or Florida 1/17/07 - ANSWERED!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where did the brainless driver run afoul of the tracks?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Germany
12
60%
Florida
8
40%
 
Total votes : 20

Postby josebach » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
vitalogist wrote:pablo honey.


;-D

I'm gonna go with Germany here, the autotrain only runs a couple times a day in florida so it's gotta be germany. ;-D


That was my rationale too. I've never seen a train track in Florida that has 12 trains running in the time it takes a tow truck to tow a car. If a car in the US is blocking train tracks, the cops would have it moved pronto. I'm certainly not positive, though.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 pm

josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
vitalogist wrote:pablo honey.


;-D

I'm gonna go with Germany here, the autotrain only runs a couple times a day in florida so it's gotta be germany. ;-D


That was my rationale too. I've never seen a train track in Florida that has 12 trains running in the time it takes a tow truck to tow a car. If a car in the US is blocking train tracks, the cops would have it moved pronto. I'm certainly not positive, though.


I'm NOT saying you're wrong, and I'm NOT saying you're right - but just remember that Florida is one of America's largest producers of citrus fruits, and 12 trains through certain areas shipping out produce doesn't sound too far off the mark. Some rail lines here in Nebraska operate on nearly that scale of traffic during harvest.

Just so you know. O:-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:26 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
vitalogist wrote:pablo honey.


;-D

I'm gonna go with Germany here, the autotrain only runs a couple times a day in florida so it's gotta be germany. ;-D


That was my rationale too. I've never seen a train track in Florida that has 12 trains running in the time it takes a tow truck to tow a car. If a car in the US is blocking train tracks, the cops would have it moved pronto. I'm certainly not positive, though.


I'm NOT saying you're wrong, and I'm NOT saying you're right - but just remember that Florida is one of America's largest producers of citrus fruits, and 12 trains through certain areas shipping out produce doesn't sound too far off the mark. Some rail lines here in Nebraska operate on nearly that scale of traffic during harvest.

Just so you know. O:-)


when i was like 11 or 12 we took the autotrain to miami I think. anyway you have to sleep in the chair which recline but i pee'd myself and wet the chair 8-o :-b
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:31 pm

While there are a lot of trains hauling fruit around Florida (and trains hauling produce, too), the number of commuter trains has to be greater in Germany, and even though the article doesn’t specify that it was a commuter train, I think those who thought it was were probably right.

And the answer is - GERMANY!!!!

Berlin, Jan 18: A 46-year-old German motorist driving along a busy road suddenly veered to the left and ended up stuck on a railway track -- because his satellite navigation (Satnav) system told him to, police said Sunday.

The motorist was heading into the north German city of Bremen "when the friendly voice from his Satnav told him to turn left," a spokesman said.

"He did what he was ordered to do and turned his Audi left up over the curb and onto the track of a local streetcar line. He tried to back up off the track but got completely stuck."

The police spokesman said about a dozen trams were held up until a tow truck arrived to clear the car off the track.

Several German motorists have crashed their cars in recent months, later telling police they were only obeying orders from their Satnavs.


Some of my favorite logical musings on this one:

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:reeks of germany...it would not have said "turn right", it woulda said it in german I'm sure, but then again most germans do speak english, so maybe not. :-? my choice is germany.


The_Captain wrote:If Europeans are dumb enough to work on a laptop in the nude they are dumb enough to listen to a navigation system.

Germany.

I laughed at this one.

dream_017 wrote:I was going to say Germany, because I think it is a trick question, but then thought, Americans don't have any common sense anymore, which would lead me to believe that an American would turn because a navigation system told them to :-? I will go with good old Florida

It seemed like you were twisting yourself up in a knot with this explanation!

Karoz wrote:I'm going to go with Germany.

This couldn't have taken place in Florida. As we all know, Florida is filled with old people, and old people drive very slowly. If he had been in Florida, he would have more than likely been stuck behind an old driver, which means he would have been going a maximum of 10 mph. When you're going 10 mph, you have more than enough time to hit your brakes and avoid rolling onto a railroad track.

This is my train of thought. (No pun intended.)

The oldest Germany or Florida Litmus Test – Is this something an old guy would do?





Time for Jimboozie’s Confession – what tipped you off, Jim?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:02 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)


Kudos to you for not lying about it! ;-D

A lot of people would have. It seems your integrity outweighs your European knowledge. :-b
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:27 pm

josebach wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)


Kudos to you for not lying about it! ;-D

A lot of people would have. It seems your integrity outweighs your European knowledge. :-b


really? what do you base this assumption on?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)


Kudos to you for not lying about it! ;-D

A lot of people would have. It seems your integrity outweighs your European knowledge. :-b


really? what do you base this assumption on?


Because people lie on anonymous message boards... you didn't know that?
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:33 pm

josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)


Kudos to you for not lying about it! ;-D

A lot of people would have. It seems your integrity outweighs your European knowledge. :-b


really? what do you base this assumption on?


Because people lie on anonymous message boards... you didn't know that?


I lie. My name isn't really "knapplc."

It's a pseudonym. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby josebach » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Uh, I plead the 5th. :-b

Nah, I really did think they drive on the opposite side of the road in Germany. I didn't really turn my thinking cap on, cause I do remember Germany having the same roads as US. But I try not to overthink these, that's when you get in trouble. Couple that with the fact Florida won last time, I didn't think we would get two straight Floridas. I know they don't rotate every time but there has been somewhat of a pattern to these and they were leaning in Germany's favor for this one.

Ok, laugh away!!! :-b O:-)


Kudos to you for not lying about it! ;-D

A lot of people would have. It seems your integrity outweighs your European knowledge. :-b


really? what do you base this assumption on?


Because people lie on anonymous message boards... you didn't know that?


I lie. My name isn't really "knapplc."

It's a pseudonym. ;-)


That's not a lie. Everybody that's ever been to a forum knows that user ids are different from people's real names. Now if you told someone that "knapplc" was your real name, then you would be a liar. ;-)
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:47 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact